Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits

Firefox

You have said it st39.6. After Firefox, IE is almost dead for me. The extensions are incredible! I can't live without them also.

Some interesting extensions:

VideoDownloader integrated on browser
    DownThemAll!, integrated download manager
    Gmail Space
    FoxyTunes, to control media player from browser
    Torrent Search Bar
    Sage, RSS reader
    Download Statusbar, gives you information about downloads without opening the downloads window
    FireFTP, to access FTP servers from the browser
    GooglePreview, shows a preview of the pages found in a search on Google
    Download Embedded, quoting: "Downloads all or selected embedded objects on a webpage. Can be used for downloading movies, mp3s, flash, quicktime, or other embedded files."
    McAfee SiteAdvisor, an useful extension that notifies you when a site is potentiallly dangerous for your computer
    Firefox Extension Backup Extension (FEBE), to backup your extensions

Also check the Firefox 2.0 roadmap from Mozilla.
    Last edited by jmcc; 11-18-2006 at 06:17 PM. Reason: To put "almost dead" instead of "death"

Credits
    Some other handy Firefox Extensions:

Adblock - pretty self-explanatory... block ads, or even ad servers, from Firefox.
    ForecastFox Enhanced - Weather conditions, forcast, and radar in a handy toolbar
    Linky - Opens all (or selected) links in a page in new tabs (limit 99 links at a time... yes, I have opened that many before... try opening 99 IE Windows at once and see what happens ).
    Popup Count - Firefox blocks popups automatically, this tells you how many (my Windows computer has blocked over 8,000 popups but I don't remember when I installed it... my Linux laptop has blocked 240 since early July)
    Flashblock - Block flash files from displaying... unless you want to see them
    User Agent Switcher - Tricks web servers into thinking you are running a different browser. Comes in handy sometimes when visiting sites that supposedly don't work with anything other than IE. Doesn't work all the time, but it has come in handy for me on several occasions.

I am also a big fan of the Firefox Toolbar, but apparently it is no longer available. It is a search toolbar that you can add nearly any search engine you want to, and then they are available in a drop-down menu. Similar to, but more powerful than, the built-in search bar that Firefox already has.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits

Even aliens prefer FireFox

Thanks for great extensions!

Credits
    here are extensions that I use (and couldnt live without )
    -FlashGot
    -AdBlock
    -FasterFox
    -VideoDownloader
    -IE Tab (changes FF core into IE core in set tab /usefull for noncompatibile pages/)
    -Linkification (makes links from simply written adresses)
    -Reload Every (u can set the time after which the page periodicaly reloads /useful for chat/)
    -AdBlock Filterset G.
    -Image Zoom (for better size work with those pictures by j7wild )
    -Minimize to Tray
    -Wizz RSS news reader
    -Firefox Showcase (opens external window with preview of all the opened tabs)
    -Torrent-search toolbar
    -Drag de go
    -JSView (shows java source codes /even the hidden ones/, allows common work with´em)
    -FireFTP
    -NoScript (Blocks javascript and such, very useful)
    -Session Saver (saves all the tabs and reopens them after restart of browser /at the same position/)

all of´em and more can be found at addons.mozilla.org
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I been using Mozilla products for years it's the best around
    Don't point that finger at me unless you intend to use it.
    The Odd Couple

Credits

Thumbs up One interesting extension...

Chinesepera-kun: Chinese Popup Dictionary

Simply put, this extension will allow you read Chinese on websites. This is useful for just getting around a site, or even MORE useful if you are studying Chinese. It works with both Simplified and Traditional characters, and also allows you to export words to a file to study later.
    It is the biggest Firefox extension I have found until now: 6749 KB

It is here.

Edit:

Crash Recovery
    Page Update Checker

Credits

Arrow ScreenGrab!

Another extension I like:

ScreenGrab!

One example of its work:

(look here)
    Last edited by jmcc; 01-09-2007 at 08:54 AM.

Credits

Arrow TiX Now! - Fission - Temporary Inbox - Broadband Speed Test and Diagnostics and more

TiX Now!

It can stop waiting timer of rapidshare and get direct download links from nhacso.net, tialia.com, etc and can solve the MegaUpload full-download-slots problem.
    Just very simple: Install the extension and click on the T icon in status bar at the right-bottom corner.
    Direct-link will be saved to your clipboard or it can stop the waiting-timer, full download-slots...

Fission

Fission combines address bar and progress bar, making the progress bar more visible and allowing for a nice visual effect.

Temporary Inbox

This extension generates random disposable email addresses. Use these email addresses for registration in forums, adult sites or whatever.
    The email addresses don't require any registration. This is an easy way to avoid spam, because the spamer will never know your private email address .. only the temporaryinbox.com email address. And there the emails will be deleted after 6 hours.
    Avoiding spam is sooo easy!

Broadband Speed Test and Diagnostics

This extension adds an item called 'Broadband Speed Test and Diagnostics' to the Tools Menu in FireFox.

It performs the following tasks:

- Display your public IP address and your public domain name
    - Perform download and upload speed tests

If you have troubles with your broadband connection, it can:

- Troubleshoot and isolate problems by performing a couple of diagnostic tests (NIC card, local gateway, DHCP server, DNS server, web site)
    - Display local IP configurations (private IP address, MAC address, default gateway, DNS server, DHCP server, routing table, ARP table, active connections)

The diagnostic and configuration display features only work on Windows

Show Picture

For those people who used to use Internet Explorer and the option Show Picture. This extension, also called Show Picture, loads and displays the selected image without reloading the page.

Now supports German, English, Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese.

Calculator

Calculator has an interface similar to Microsoft Powertoy Calculator and it offers great features like history, conversions, many functions... And it's a great open source replacement to the calculator included in Windows accessories! (translated in more than 17 languages)
    Save Image in Folder...

Easily save images in personally customized folders.

New Tab Button on Tab Bar
    Tabs Menu
    Tab To Window
    iMacros for Firefox
    Ctrl Tab Preview
    Remove It Permanently
    Window Resizer
    ErrorZilla Mod
    Last edited by jmcc; 01-10-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Whoo-ah jmcc!

You really like Firefox.

BTW. I use it too...

Credits

Arrow More extensions

Yes Mithrandir

More:

FireMule

Allow add multiple downloads to eMule/eDonkey2000.
    It is able to add all of the ed2k:// links from a page or add only selected ed2k:// links.

FoxFon

FoxFon, a lightweight and elegant phone plugin, makes Firefox a speaking friend in your online life.

With FoxFon you can call your friends in a way similar to the SkypeOut service.

The major FoxFon advantage is that it allows you to make calls straight from web browser, without having to launch additional programs.

Calls are free to over 100 countries in a test mode. In a live mode, FoxFon enables you to make inexpensive long-distance calls around the world.

By using the “tell a friend” link, you can easily invite friends to try FoxFon - they will always be able to phone you when they are online.

Additionally, the call history is available via an intuitive interface - you will never loose an important phone number again.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    This sounds interesting. I must try.

Credits

Post ScreenGrab!, Universal Uploader, no more 404s, GUtil!

ScreenGrab! is better now with the new version:

It will save what you can see in the window, the entire page, just a selection, a particular frame... basically it saves webpages as images.
    Firefox Universal Uploader:

As the name says, this firefox extension allows you to upload/download files from any website using a friendly interface. Upload files/photos/videos to Flickr, Picasa, Youtube and Box.net (1GB of free space) in this version. Next versions would support other websites like Google Videos, Webshots etc. You can add multiple files to the queue at a time. Extension will take care of uploading them for you.
    404: Page is Not Found ? Now it will be!:

If a page was (re)moved and now shows '404 page/file/site not found' error, this tiny extension uploads archived version of a page (from wayback machine at archive.org).
    GUtil!:

50 Google® Utilities in your Firefox Menu and Toolbar.

GUtil! adds 50 Google® Utilities in your Firefox Menu and Toolbar.
    You can choose the services you want, or not.
    Page Title Eraser:

The Page Title Eraser (PTE) is a simple Mozilla Firefox extension which allows to hide title and icon (favicon.ico) of the selected tab. It provides more privacy at your workplace.

Credits

Lightbulb Megaupload SX.3.2

Megaupload SX.3.2:

Free slots from Megaupload for other countries else United States.

Works on Megaupload and Sexuploader (Megarotic)

Credits
    IMDb Preview 0.4

Preview movie & actor posters when hovering over their IMDb links...

The extension is useful if you too sometimes encounter on IMDb (or other sites), a movie title or an actor that you can't recognize by name. Instead of going into its full details page, you can now just stand on the link, and quickly see a preview of the poster right next to your mouse.

Credits
    Send 2 Cellphone 1.0

Send2Cellphone provides a simple way to send images from web pages directly to mobile phones via free Send2Cellphone service. Simply right click any image on any web page and select "Send2Cellphone" from the context menu. After transferring the picture to your cell phone you can view it, use it as a wallpaper or send to a friend via MMS.
    WataCrackaz AutoSMS 0.4.3c

Watacrackaz AutoSMS toolbar. Send and receive SMS text messages to and from cellphones around the world.
    Limited carriers are supported.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12