Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR production details!

Alien vs. Predator: Leave up to Dark Horizons to get a scoop like this. Apparently a fairly legitimate source has revealed some production details to the site which we could all only hope mean that the movie's production schedule is moving. Take a look at the scoop:

"Last Thurs (9/11), there was a promo shoot for the teaser trailer or teaser poster(s) for the new Aliens vs. Predator movie. Now, I don't know when it will be released but what I saw was totally cool. Here's what I saw: A caucasian male, 6"2, in complete Predator suit/make-up getting ready for some still shots. When I saw him, he wasn't wearing the helmet but the costume pretty much was reminiscent of the last two Predator films. The only difference was that the mask (or helmet) looked more metallic than I remember it being (sorry to say it, but, it reminded me of the metallic finish on the Jason mask in Jason X, when he is turned into the SUPER JASON! BUT cooler). Anyway, the suit was only air-brushed from the waist down, which leads me to believe that the shoot was for a teaser poster. But otherwise, the tendrils of "hair" on the predator were AMAZING. I wasn't ballsy enough to see up close but the crew was shooting the Predator first in "attack" position, perfect for a sneak peak poster. Once all photography/ filming(?) was complete, the crew dumped a bucket full of see-through green slime/goo on him and took more pictures. This was either meant to be predator blood, or alien blood--couldn't tell, too far away. Later in the day, it was the aliens turn. What I CAN tell you (about this specific Alien shoot) is that it was NOT the Queen Alien; rather a more human-like alien who walked on two feet. It looked amazing because he was walking like PUMPKINHEAD (remember that one?) and he too--a middle aged geeky caucasian dude)--was not wearing his helmet. (The alien head itself is very faithful to the drone aliens in the "Alien" videogames and the ones in Alien 3, with the elongated head going back, behind the body, round in shape; NOT the flared out helmet of the Queen. I found it odd though that the alien had NO tail. It made me wonder if they would add it later in post, or if it was part of the story, where it gets cut off. Here too, pictures of it were taken in "attack" position, kneeling down w/head intact. This was by far the most exciting part of the day, although the Predator was "gargantuan" in size compared to the Alien".

Thanks again to DH!

http://www.lightsoutentertainment.co...ws.php?id=1705

Credits
    Hmmmm gota wait for more stuff....seems okay so far tho

Credits
    Lance Henriksen joins the cast of ALIEN VS. PREDATOR!
    Monday, September 29th, 2003 - 12:41 PM PST

Alien vs. Predator: According to Variety, Lance Henriksen, who played the sythetic human 'Bishop' in Aliens, has joined the cast of the upcoming sci-fi thriller, Alien vs. Predator!

Henriksen will portray a billionaire industrialist who finances an expedition to the Antarctic to uncover an ancient pyramid and insists on joining the scientists on the journey. When they arrive, they discover two alien races engaged in the ultimate battle.

Paul W.S. Anderson is helming the film written by Shane Salerno and Anderson. Shooting begins late October in Prague.

Thanks to CS! for the scoop!
    http://www.lightsoutentertainment.co...ws.php?id=1758

Credits
    i just hope paul anderson gives it a lot of characteristics from the games and aliens. like the whole dress of marines, pulse rifles, and the great sounding motion sensors. one of the truly frightening aspects of aliens.

Credits
    get FINCHER to do it!

they better not screw this one up. I want some big alien motherf*cker cracking some predator skulls!
    Are the USCM gonna be in it?

They should make another Bishop (BISHOP II) He was my fav character from Aliens

Credits
    this movie should really take inline with aliens, maybe a couple years after the story. it should really just be another aliens movie with a predator guy

Credits
    will be no motion trackers... Alien introduced motion tracking since it was a new technology... but maybe on Earth it wasn't. I'm guessing it will be like in the games and Predator 2 movie... pheramone tracking.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I have a feeling this movie will be very good. I personally like the way this director makes movies(Resident Evil, Soldier, Event Horizon). Can't go wrong with Aliens fighting Predators, Preds all the way

Credits
    Wait a second... You LIKE Paul "Worthless Stupidhead" Anderson? Even after Soldier? Well, I guess there's always an exception that proves the rule...
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Personally I think that if he does it with the same sense of style, and get's the same decent performances as he did with Mortal Kombat then I'll be very happy. However these 2 franchises are too good to be made into a fun crap movie like Resident Evil.

Credits
    Is this next installment going to have colonial marines? I've been waiting for so long to see them in action again...
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    Originally posted by chizzace
    Is this next installment going to have colonial marines? I've been waiting for so long to see them in action again...
    thats what ive been saying. this movie needs to have so many aspects of aliens

Credits
    I want a team up of Colonial Marines and Preds to fight the Alien Menace.

Credits
    Thanks for posting that information.

Credits
    http://www.superherohype.com/index.php?id=293

This past weekend I attended the LA Comic Book Convention. There was a short video presentation on the upcoming Alien vs. Predator, the presentation included a 10-minute short with the director (Paul Anderson) where he were showed storyboards, and tons of production illustrations from the film. The film we were told starts shooting in Prague next week.

Anderson described some of the artwork and hinted at the plot of the film. He told us the film opens 5000 years ago at an Aztec temple... we are told the temples throughout the world were created for the purpose of welcoming "aliens" to earth... and a team of teenaged Predators are at the temple for a "becoming a man" ritual, where if they survive a host of deadly Aliens they will become men, well PREDATORS...

Well everything goes wrong and the three Predators face literally an army of thousands of aliens at the temple and faced with certain death they activate their self-destructs, completely destroying the aliens, the temple and any of the local inhabitants. Guess know we know now what happened to the Aztecs!

Fast forward to the present day as a band of scientists in the Arctic find a very similar temple and are soon caught in the middle of another "ritual" with five young Predators and a bunch of nasty Aliens.

Anderson tells us there is plenty of knock down action, alien & predator deaths to keep everyone happy. He mentioned that he is the biggest Alien & Predator freak in the world, that he's seen them more than anyone and knows everything there is to know about the films. From what we saw (a video montage of clips from all the predator & alien films) this looks to be the best fan favorite team up since Freddy vs. Jason...

On a related note, director Sandy Collora was on hand to show BATMAN: Dead End... the crowd loved it and went nuts!
    this movie will stink
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast