Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Talking Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - My small review :)

WOHOHO!

-> THIS MOVIE OWNS ! <-

5 out of 5.

& TARANTINO IS BACK IN BIG STYLE !

definately on the best action (comedy) movie I ever saw!
    enjoyed F every minute!
    music great. action high top.
    not for kids (lotsa blood, hehehe).

& great compliment to asian movies by Director Himself.

hardly wait for 2nd part (!):
    let's KILL some more Black Mamba!

ZUBi HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MOVIE (!).

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    OMG OMG OMG now I can't wait even more!!! AHHHHH!!!!! I'm seeing it on saturday with a group of my friends... oh yeah baby. :big grin: :big grin:

Credits
    w00t!! cant wait to see it tomorrow night. Definately looks like an *** kicker!
    Blu-Ray Supporter
    55 blurays and counting... plus Batman Begins, Iron Man, Transformers and many others on Pre-order.

Credits
    All I can say is this. They had better let me in, or I'm gonna get House of Blue Leaves on their ***.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Just got home from seeing it. Now don't get me wrong, I really liked it but I walked out with a weird feeling about it. It might have something to do with what I thought was a little overkill on all the blood. I didn't think it was necessary to turn people into gushing fountains. There are some classic QT moments in film which I won't bother to cover here as there's quite a few. The music was top notch as is usual in a QT film. There's also some awesome visuals like the fight scene between Black Mamba and O-Ren. Loved the cliff-hanger ending and am looking forward to seeing Vol 2.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Told you guys it was good

"Black Mamba, I shoulda been motherfu*kin Black Mamba!" - Vernita Green

Credits
    Originally posted by chernabog_ca
    Just got home from seeing it. Now don't get me wrong, I really liked it but I walked out with a weird feeling about it. It might have something to do with what I thought was a little overkill on all the blood. I didn't think it was necessary to turn people into gushing fountains.
    The gushes of blood are a staple of '70's Shaw Bros. films and I thought it was awesome that the movie contained so many lovingt ributes to so many films.
    paulbazinet@yahoo.com
    My Music Forum: <a href="http://forums.delphiforums.com/wretchedsongs/start" target="_blank">http://forums.delphiforums.com/wretchedsongs/start</a>
    "I can Dere-lick my own balls thank you!" - Derek Zoolander

Credits
    Loved it! Quentin's brilliance kept me entertained throughout the movie.
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    It was amazing, the best movie experience I have had all year. It was unlike anything I have seen before.

Credits
    Just saw it. Not a bad piece of filming at all. Nice charactors and settings. Directing is very good. Pitty about the story... there was none but thats not what you go for. Perhaps Part 2 will boost Part 1. Just the senseless violence is what you want. Loved it. Very glad there was no kungfu and only fighting with weapons. Acting was top class! Its the only thing that holds the film together really while it goes down hill towards the end.

I'd give it a 3/5. Only wish I could watch it the way it was suppose to be made. Damn you lucky japanese!!!

*packs up & visits Japan for a few days*
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    Nice charactors and settings. Directing is very good. Loved it. Acting was top class! I'd give it a 3/5.
    & then 3/5 ?! .... :angel"

Credits
    Mark my word for it, THE best film in 2004.

So far the only film of the year I really want to see again, instantly.

Just as I suspected, to fully appreciate the film you MUST have some basic knowledge of Hong Kong kung-fu/martial art cinema, the Japanese samurai movies, Kurosawa films, manga and anime (esp those like Dragon Ball Z, Fist of the Northern Star etc).

In other words, you'll have to be an editman, a carl or a sex maniac (no pun intended) or any other cool guys in this thread to love this film. :big grin:

I only wish this came out in May instead of Reloaded.

Two complains:

1) Really wish O-shii (or whatever the name is) is played by a real Japanese actress, instead of Lucy Liu. She may be bitchy enough to fit in the character, but her Japanese is a joke.

2) I never really like the name 'Deadly Viper Assaination Squard' too corny. QT could have just call them 'Fox Force Five' as an in-joke, probably works better.

Boy for the past few years I've been having a fan-boy film in my head. Kill Bill is not exactly it, but it's pretty similar in terms of the ultra-violence, cool Western chick speaking an Oriential language (nothing is sexier than that!) and great action scenes. Come to think of it, once again my chance of cracking into the film industry is undermined...

Really really wish Volume 2 would come out next month as original planned. 4 months is too bloody long.

I swear if I meet a girl who appreciate this film the level I do, I will propose to her.

And I swear if I still have my job when the DVD comes out, I will get all the R1 (US), R2 (Japan) AND R3 (Hong Kong) versions, even if they're freakin' barebone.
    Last edited by editman; 10-16-2003 at 07:18 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Just saw it.. was totally blown away. Was expecting something like this, but not to the extent that I saw it.

Can't explain it - in terms of cinematic experiences this year; it was like a tornado gust of fresh air through a mouldy stale room.

Can't wait for the Vol.2 !
    Last edited by I-Wolf; 10-16-2003 at 08:12 AM.

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    ...Kill Bill is not exactly it, but it's pretty similar in terms of the ultra-violence...
    what do u mean with ultra violence? this is so overrated this film has no more violence then nbk in the director's cut. personally i think se7en is much more violent, heck even robocop got more violence in it or films like brother or violent cop. qt just took it over the top so it became not ultra violent it became fun.

Originally posted by editman
    And I swear if I still have my job when the DVD comes out, I will get all the R1 (US), R2 (Japan) AND R3 (Hong Kong) versions, even if they're freakin' barebone.
    no need to get the r3 release because what you're looking for you'll find on the japanese dvd

btw, i like kill bill a lot so don't get my first coment in the wrong way

Credits
    Pretty damn good. Earns it's R rating. With the exception of the anime scenes, I thought the violence was pure comedy. How you could take all the blood gushing seriously i have no idea. It was almost Monty Python like.

Other than that, the acting, direction, action and script were all brilliant. Good ending too, without giving away anything it puts good closure on the first part, but still a decent way to draw it's audience back for a second serving in Feb.

4\5
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast