Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Originally posted by bender
    what do u mean with ultra violence? this is so overrated this film has no more violence then nbk in the director's cut.
    i agree, expected more blood after all the reports about the most violent film ever released by an american studio.
    imo it could have even get a 16 in germany, since the violence is so comical. even sleepy hollow got a 16 here (a 12 in cinemas with one minor violent scene cut). the reason sleepy hollow got a low rating was, that the fsk in germany thought that the story is like a fairy tale and therefore it's ok to have people get decapitated a lot
    if they think sh is a fairy tale, than they also should consider kill bill a comic.

back to the movie
    i really enjoyed it, although i'm not a big fan of tarantino's previous movies. for me they could have released the movie as one big 4 hour piece, maybe with an intermission after 2 hours. the movie didn't feel like 2 hours, it could have been longer.
    i especially liked the part of the movie that took part in tokyo. my favorite scene was uma thurman's look when that girl from battle royale entered the scene with her morningstar.
    two people left the cinema after sophie got her arm chopped off when i see movies like this i always ask myself what people expected from the movie. the same with fight club back in 99. when i go and see a movie that's rated 18 and several media resources reported about the controversial subject and the big amount of violence, people should know that there is blood and violence

i'd give the movie an 8.5/10
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Movieman
    I thought the violence was pure comedy. How you could take all the blood gushing seriously i have no idea. It was almost Monty Python like.
    exactly

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits

Credits
    (deep sigh)

Why doesn't anyone understand the violence. It is not meant to be comical. It is but that is not the overall intention.

Here's a question: When does the gushing blood occur?

Answer: In JAPAN!!!

In the US, the violence is 100% realistic. But after O-Ren Ishii's anime history, any violence that is done in HER part of the story has gushing blood. The Matrix called itself real-life anime, but the ending chapter of Kill Bill is even more like real-life anime.

I mean, the opening scene with The Bride is horrifying because it is so real.

Watch the film again and you will realize that the violence changes for the different memembers of DiVAS (Deadly Viper Assassination Squad). The death of Budd will probably be more realistic and Western-like.

I mean, when Vernica Green got it, did she spurt blood everywhere? No.

So the violence isn't a detractor and it isn't in the whole film.

It's one of the only times that violence in a film has truly been artistic.

So when you say that the violence in Kill Bill was overdone, stop saying that! You are only recalling a section of the film, not the whole thing.

The beginning scene was the most violent thing that I had seen on film all year (and I did go see Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Freddy Vs. Jason).

AND IT LOOKED REAL.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    what do u mean with ultra violence?
    It's just a word I use, probably thinking in the shoes of general prudish audiences. Surely I've seen things worse than that.

Overrated? Not really. At least not for a US flick made in 2003.

But that doens't mean it's a negative thing. Far from it.

no need to get the r3 release because what you're looking for you'll find on the japanese dvd
    Not if the Jap DVD won't have Chinese subtitles (Yes, I wanna turn Chinese subs on watching Kill Bill, just like watching an old 70s martial arts film.)
    Last edited by editman; 10-19-2003 at 08:08 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Do you really believe that QT won't release KILL BILL in it's original un-cut format when it comes out on DVD.

He will probably have Vol. I & II as separate releases with standard features (Like the LOTR DVDs)

But he also said that he would like to release a 4-disc a little while later (probably this time next year). This, like the LOTR, will probably be the uncut stuff (maybe with even more footage?) with more features (and maybe the bootleg trailers in high quality?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12