Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

german ebay user sued for selling dvd

i just read on shortnews.de that a german ebay user got sued by universal because he sold an australian copy of "the ring" before the dvd was available in germany.
    universal wants 10.000€, because of "illegal parallel importing".

what the fuc*, "illegal"??? he bought that dvd, so what's illegal about it. if they are really that mad about the case, why didn't they also sue the store that shipped the dvd to germany?
    also: why is universal so stupid and puts a german audio track onto the dvd if they don't want it to be sold before the german street date.
    if studios are really that concerned about importing dvd's they should make worlwide release dates for every major movie, not only for matrix and lotr. is it my fault that some dvd's are available many months before they hit the stores in germany? an extreme example is finding nemo, the us dvd is out a few weeks before the movie starts in cinemas here. i can understand that studios release little indie movies with some time between different countries, but sure blockbusters like finding nemo should be released simultaneously.
    i don't need the german track anyway, so why shouldn't i buy a (most of the time even cheaper) foreign dvd??
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    finding nemo dvd is just 2 week a head for german theatrical release. but there are more films that available on dvd in u.s. and not released in germany for thetrical run like italian job.

Credits
    This is stupid because Germany is R2 and Australia is R4, and what the hell is parallel importing when it's at this forum!?

Credits
    Originally posted by I Got Trailers
    This is stupid because Germany is R2 and Australia is R4
    many dvds (mostly universal and columbia) have both, r2 and r4, so its cheaper for the companies as they simply release the same dvd in europe and australia (therefor they have a german audio track)

Credits
    i bought CSI Season One from Ebay before it wuz released in the U.S.... frickin idiots!!!
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."