Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: PS2 Dvd Problem

Credits

Unhappy PS2 Dvd Problem

i have a problem running anger management on my ps2. it runs EVERY other dvd i have(both matrix, star wars, star trek, band of brothers, patriot, etc). when i put the disk in it says "Unable to read disk". but when i try it on my parents dvd player it works. I took it back to best buy and they tried it in a ps2 and it worked. what gives????

Credits
    I have a similar problem with my R2 UK copy of City Hunter. Any help?

Credits
    A little search can do the trick

It seems that there are 3 versions of the PS2 DVD-ROM out there. So if yours has a problem and you took the disc to BestBuy, it's possible they have a newer DVD-ROM drive.

You can try this...
    With the disc in the drive, you can go into the system configuration and set the machine to "diagnostic" mode, and that may solve some of your problems with the DVD.
    You can try to update the firmware for your DVD drive. It looks like the latest version is 2.10. Also, this website has a partial list for DVDs that cause problems with PS2...

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/315957p1.html?fromint=1
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits
    how can i update the firmware?? i didnt think the ps2 could connect to internet

Credits
    From what I've read, a CD that automatically updates your DVD drives' drivers comes with a PS-2 DVD Remote.

I don't have a PS-2, so if you decided to buy that remote and Anger Management didn't play, I'm not responsible. Because it's already reported that although this update fixes many playback issues, it still can't play everything!

Credits
    yea wen i bought my dvd remote for the ps2 it had a firmware update....but i defo dont kno if it will solve ur anger management problem, simply cuz i dont hav that movie...so dont kno...
    but other then that i havent eva had problems wid da ps2 dvd player simply cuz i never use it as a dvd player.... lolz

Credits
    hmm i heared some where that ps2 dvd play back did't play all dvd movies i duno may be thats worg or old