Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Buy/Sell/Trade DVDs

There is now a sub-forum under DVD-News where users can look for, sell, or trade DVD's with fellow forum members.

If anyone has any suggestions, rules, questions, etc... let me know.

Credits
    great idea

but how would u consider regional differences, TV standard and language?

will u live that up to the people doin the exchange?

and also must they be original dvds? :angel"

i have a DVD-+RW so i can easily make a "back-up" copy, or that would be too much
    Last edited by trailergod; 10-22-2003 at 11:00 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I'm not getting involved in the transactions.
    If you are selling a Region 2, make sure you state that, and its upto the person buying to determine if he can use Region 2 DVDs.

Not sure about the DVD-R's... although I don't have a problem if the buyer knows it, and dosent mind, I'm not sure about the legalities of that.

Credits
    Is there any interest in this?
    Can everyone see it? (or did i mess something up)

Credits
    Originally posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    Is there any interest in this?
    Can everyone see it? (or did i mess something up)
    Very much, JPB.

I'm sure everyone can see it, cos I can.

Thing is probably have to give it some time before members start trading a lot. It really comes down to what are being sold.

I am not so sure about DVD-Rs either. Unless you're selling your student films (which you own the rights or most of it), or a copy of Criterion Salo for 10 cents, it's really not a good idea to encourage bootleg stuff even though it's enthusistic fan work.

Seriously if I sell my student films on DVD-R, would anyone be interested... heh heh... :angel"

BTW JPB, where's my Dickie Roberts stuff? Still haven't received it yet. (Although there seems to be some serious delays with postal deliveries down under lately. Stuff I ordered from US and Hong Kong weeks ago are still yet to arrive. I blame damn George W. Bush for it. )
    Last edited by editman; 10-23-2003 at 10:16 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    well, i have one idea DVD-R loaded with trailers, with 5.1 sound or demo material trailers... i would do it for free too

just have to pay for the postage

Credits
    Originally posted by trailergod
    well, i have one idea DVD-R loaded with trailers, with 5.1 sound or demo material trailers... i would do it for free too

You'd get in trouble too. I'm guessing that in Germany they would allow people to be arrested for violating the US copyright laws. Plus Movielist is hosted in America, right. So the entire site could be closed down for trading illegal goods. Do not try selling or giving away bootlegs. People are going to buy that crappy film, so let them. If peple don't like it, then they don't have to watch it, own it, but that doesn't give the right to steal it.

Credits
    Too late, carl. tisoy's already turning this place into a bloody bootleg market.

Originally posted by carl
    Plus Movielist is hosted in America, right.
    I thought it's hosted in Canada? No?

But what about student film DVD-Rs?

And my Dickie Roberts stuff? (Just to be a pain )
    Last edited by editman; 10-24-2003 at 03:02 AM.

Credits
    What do you mean by student film DVD-Rs? Collection of film-students made short films?
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits
    show me any link or rule or law that shows its illegal to distribute movie trailer dvds?

i am not asking money for the trailer DVD-R.... just for the postage

Credits
    Actually, it is illegal to distribute movie trailers. Movie-List does this anyway under certain conditions. Only certain rules are followed and is not too illegal and over looked in certain conditions.
    But privately, trailergod can do this send trailers to ppl as long as he doesn't earn anything on these. The DVD disc contain Terms & Conditions stating that any content on the DVD is not to be distributed and/or copied other than for our own personal use. In this case, if tisoygod is copying DVD material and send them out, then that's illegal but not as bad as making profit on it.

Just everyone with the intention of burning DVD material better be careful. It IS illegal to distribute this material and I will not advise you to publicly announce you are doing this (in this forum or anywhere else). Every DVD states this that the material is the property of the distributor and prohibited to make copies (not for your own personal use).
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Originally posted by wireframe9
    What do you mean by student film DVD-Rs? Collection of film-students made short films?
    Read my post before my previous one.

Okay, say you've made a student film at high school or at uni. You own the rights to everything, even music and graphics used in the end credits. And now you have all the time in the world and converted the old VHS tape to MPEG-2, authored it and burned a DVD. Of course you can waste a fortune, go to a pressing plant, make 500 copies and try to give it to everyone bumped into you at the corner of the street.

But, can it be sold here if someone has the slightest interest to check out your student assignments, and all you can afford is to burn it on another DVD-R?

Credits
    Originally posted by trailergod

I have to go and by a DVD very soon.

Credits
    after little interest... i've deleted this forum.

Credits
    JP, give it a chance! It's only just started!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast