Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

C'era una volta il West (1968)

holy sheet.... i just saw one of the best movies ever made ... !!!!

Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West is indeed one of the treasures of cinema history. The camera work, cinematography, sound track all fit together perfectly. U want to know why the widescreen format was invented? Well this is it, this movie shows u the beauty of cinema

I also like the sublte use of close ups ( during those days close ups of actors face were not that comom yet )
    It may seem to be a long movie but it has a great plot that will keep u guessing till the end.

I highly recommend this movie, its a cinematic masterpiece, and maybe one of the best westerns ever made, even if it was made by Italians and shot in Spain

If u wanna see Henry Fonda being a bad guy, then this is the movie, the only movie i think he is a bad guy

C'era una volta il West (1968)
    Directed by Sergio Leone
    Writing credits
    Dario Argento (story)
    Bernardo Bertolucci (story)
    Genre: Western (more)

Tagline: There were three men in her life. One to take her... one to love her... and one to kill her

Brett McBain is preparing a welcoming feast for the woman he married last month in New Orleans when he and his three children are gunned down by desperadoes. Frank, the most hardened villain, works for the railroad that will pass through the land Jill McBain has inherited. Will auctioning off the land quickly increase her odds of surviving? Harmonica gets the money for the high bid by turning in Cheyenne for the $5,000 award. And he keeps Jill, too, but seems more interested in settling an old score with Frank than either the land or the lovely widow.

Henry Fonda .... Frank
    Claudia Cardinale .... Jill McBain
    Jason Robards .... Manuel 'Cheyenne' Gutierrez
    Charles Bronson .... Harmonica
    Gabriele Ferzetti .... Morton (railroad baron)
    Paolo Stoppa .... Sam
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits

Thumbs up

I agree, one of the best ever. I'm now listening to "Man With the Harmonica" - great music from a great movie.

Credits
    i know the NTSC version of the DVD is not yet out, but once it is out i hope some if u guys get it and post your opinions about this movie.

I tell u again, the way the director framed or the framing of the movie and the use of the widescreen format is simply amazing

dvd review here

http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php...thread&order=0

Credits
    tisoy, which one would you say it's better: Once Upon A Time In The West or The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?

This one's in my DVD shipment after next, so I won't know the answer myself until next year

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    yes i would say so .. this movie is better than The Bad and The Ugly

just seeing Henry Fonda kill a whole family and shot in cold blood a kid (which was never shown in USA b4 this DVD came out) already makes this movie very interesting

MOD EDIT: spoilers tisoy, SPOILERS!
    Last edited by ZUBi; 10-27-2003 at 08:49 AM.

Credits
    I personaly prefer The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, it much more relaxed then Once upon a time in the West, but both are excelent movies. Don't even like other westerns (like John Wayne) than Spagetti-Westers (partilulary Sergio Leone).

Credits
    R1 review here saying that the picture is sharper, and also includes the original mono track:
    http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php...&mode=&order=0