Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

Angry Why is the UK considered second best?

At the moment I'm angry because Hollywood is treating the UK like second best with Finding Nemo, S.W.A.T., Seabiscuit, LXG and The Rundown all coming long after their American release. S.W.A.T. isn't even out in the UK and CT is making R1 DVD specs, Seabiscuit is also following this and Finding Nemo. Heck, The Rundown has changed back to it's working title Welcome To The Jungle and won't come out until March 19th. It's not even like it's a box office flop or got bad critic reviews. It really isn't fair on the film-goer to be treated with second hand movies.

Credits
    could have been the best, but with spammers like u, its only 2nd best
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    What is with you today, Trailergod? Leave me alone unless you have something relevant!

Credits
    yes, like pissing at your relevent posts.....

Credits
    I could I say the same thing about you having a go at me for a simple mistake like accidently posting already posted Matrix posters. I'm not going to say anymore, or I'll get banned...

Credits
    its always been like that. nothing new. however nowadays it properbly cost the movie companys lots of money, as it will make ppl download new movies instead of going to the cinema.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Yeah, I know people who have got Finding Nemo on DVD weeks before it's cinema release.

Credits
    If the UK is second best, where does that put Australia? Its a matter of chance really what movies gets released first in Australia or the UK after the US.

The time delay is not Hollywood's fault but the countries itself I Got Trailers. It takes THAT long for countries to judge and review these movies to fit under their laws and including censoring them for public view. Each country is different on this. I guess they need to time receive the film reel and format it to their country format. Its all also on advertising/money. If a film is popular, then it would be quicker to bring to the cinema in each country. Look @ LotR or Matrix. I bet countries movie distributors have to pay to get an early copy of a movie or that the original distributor has to pay to get the film out to other countries. Hollywood movies are made for the US, just like UK, AUS, JAP, or Chinese movies are made for their own country. It cost money to distribute over to others.

trailergod, be careful in what you post. Movie-List does not tolerate bad mouthing other members.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I don't know but maybe it's just that it takes a while to get stuff like this done outside of the US, maybe they have to wait for a certain amount of money to be made in teh US before goin outside? I don't know about England but in non english speaking countries they also have to get the movie dubbed which takes a long time

Credits
    if it makes u feel happy...all the james bond movies make it really really late to america.....happy?

Credits
    that really isn't fair... i don't know why they do that.

i remember ya'll had 28 days later and Equilibrium come out way before it did here...

i'm sorry to hear that, I Got Trailers. that would really piss me off too! I can't believe they changed the Rundown title. this is the lamest title i have ever heard. and March 19th? i would've gone nuts to wait that long to see the movie and the rock! i would be so nuts that i would travel to another country to see it right now. but i'm know ur not as nuts as i am...

you should write to somebody and make a difference for the world! become famous!
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    that really isn't fair... i don't know why they do that.

i remember ya'll had 28 days later and Equilibrium come out way before it did here...
    Not too mention The Full Monty, Dog Soldiers, Bend It Like Beckham (about 12 months difference I think) Calander Girls and every other Brit Flick ever made. We can't complain when we do the same things.

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    If the UK is second best, where does that put Australia?
    Exactly. Claiming that later movie release dates in other regions outside US = second rating those regions is like saying 'God tolerates us to sin and suffer so God must hate us'. It's a frivilous 'wows-the-crowd' statement based on no solid ground.

Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    The time delay is not Hollywood's fault but the countries itself I Got Trailers. It takes THAT long for countries to judge and review these movies to fit under their laws and including censoring them for public view.
    Also not to mention it's 9 out of 10 times the market strategy. Since different regions have different holidays Memorial Day releases in the US may have to wait till late June/July for say South-East Asia when school exams are over. Kid movies are always released during school breaks to hopefully cash in with young audiences with parents taking them to movies. Those flicks which has strong pre-sales (eg big stars, famous crowd-drawing directors, b.o. successes in the US etc) get prioritised in release dates, while those not-so-sure movies (even if there may be sleeper hits amongst them) get pushed back or released in the 'filler slots'.

Originally posted by radstar
    you should write to somebody and make a difference for the world! become famous!
    He already is famous, Stef. In this Forum that is.

If you equals 'fame' with 'notoriety', that is.

Gee I haven't seen any member being accused of spamming by so many (and actually dared to do so) within one weekend, since GermanFinne.

tisoy probably needs to do that IP check I suggested soon...

HINT: Agent Smith avatar, lotsa spams around Revolutions' release. Get the picture?
    Last edited by editman; 10-26-2003 at 07:25 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    "if you can't be famous, be infamous"
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    You should be happy im from Denmark and if i whant to se a movie like 1-2 mounths in advance then i go to UK lol... thats how far behind denmark is when it comes to movies....

And to be honest thats why i usaly DL movies.... come on like ill wait 4 mounths for a movie like Kill Bill? no way

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast