Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Originally posted by Dr.FrankNFurter
    You should be happy im from Denmark and if i whant to se a movie like 1-2 mounths in advance then i go to UK lol... thats how far behind denmark is when it comes to movies....

And to be honest thats why i usaly DL movies.... come on like ill wait 4 mounths for a movie like Kill Bill? no way

Fed7haS
    So you'll steal something from someone simply because you don't like the wait. If people are so obbsessed with movies having different releases then move to the States. There wont be many benefits, but American movies offer the only ones. The fact that most American movies are crap has lead me to believe that even that doesn't offer me a reason to move, but it still doesn't justify stealing!!!

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    [BThe fact that most American movies are crap has lead me to believe that even that doesn't offer me a reason to move, but it still doesn't justify stealing!!! [/B]
    i don't consider it stealing as long as someone is still seeing it in a theater later.

the same thing with leaked cd's. i'm a placebo fan, so i downloaded their last cd almost three months before it officially came out. but of course i also bought it and two weeks ago i also got the special edition with a bonus cd. did the same thing with "untouchables" by korn last year.
    Last edited by streetpreacher; 10-26-2003 at 06:39 PM.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    So you'll steal something from someone simply because you don't like the wait. If people are so obbsessed with movies having different releases then move to the States. There wont be many benefits, but American movies offer the only ones. The fact that most American movies are crap has lead me to believe that even that doesn't offer me a reason to move, but it still doesn't justify stealing!!!
    Well give me 1 valid explanation why the US should se it half a year befor me? Denmark is not a 3 world country, we dont dub the movies and we dont even use Suptitels for the most part...

And i always se the movies in the Cinema when they come even if i have seen em at home DL from the Inet movies just have to be seen on the big screen... and i get the DVDs to... so i dont se myself stealing...

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    Well give me 1 valid explanation why the US should se it half a year befor me? Denmark is not a 3 world country, we dont dub the movies and we dont even use Suptitels for the most part...
    Like I added in my previous post in this thread: most of the time comes down to market strategy. How many common holidays does Denmark have with the US?

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    Like I added in my previous post in this thread: most of the time comes down to market strategy. How many common holidays does Denmark have with the US?
    Hmmm we have christmas. Newyears, Easter (or how its spelled in english) and thats about it.... that is i might add the only 3 big holidays we have... so its almost 100% the same...

Some even have thanksgeving....

Fed7haS

Credits
    Originally posted by streetpreacher
    i don't consider it stealing as long as someone is still seeing it in a theater later.

the same thing with leaked cd's. i'm a placebo fan, so i downloaded their last cd almost three months before it officially came out. but of course i also bought it and two weeks ago i also got the special edition with a bonus cd. did the same thing with "untouchables" by korn last year.
    So did the owners of these films offer them to you on a buy one get one free, or a buy now pay later style of scheme?

My big problem with this reasoning is that people say that, but then they innevitably download something they don't like and end up not paying to see it. Means they're downloading films as a screening proccess and are still stealing the films they dislike. It's no difference to taking a dvd out of a shop, saying that if you like it you'll come back and pay. Noone has a right to see a film for free and noone has a right to watch is while it's unavailable, so it should be left to the studio's and whoever makes the laws. After all if you live in a country that has rating laws, you have to accept those too, but most countries will allow importing so it's OK.

Credits
    Why is it a problem not to pay for somthing you dont whant?

If i lets say whant some new clothes ill try em on befor i pay for em... and if i dont like em i whont pay anything.... and lets say i get myself a new tv ill take it home and if im not happy with it ill take it back and get my money...

The only place we have to pay for what we TRY is food hehe... for reasons witch should be obvius

Fed7haS

Credits
    Why is it a problem not to pay for somthing you dont whant?

If i lets say whant some new clothes ill try em on befor i pay for em... and if i dont like em i whont pay anything.... and lets say i get myself a new tv ill take it home and if im not happy with it ill take it back and get my money...

The only place we have to pay for what we TRY is food hehe... for reasons witch should be obvius

Fed7haS
    The difference is that they are offered as a trial.

Can you imagine if you went into a store that allowed no returns, and no changing rooms. You would have 2 choices, risk paying or donb't risk paying. Stuffing it into your pocket and walking out saying that yu'll pay if yu like it would not be an option.

Same with movies, you want a free test then use trailers, watch the clips, or wait for it to be on TV. Deciding that you have a right to try out someone else's product without permission is not an option. It deciding that since bsome dishonest person doesn't care about movies, well suddenly that gives you the right to use that to avoid paying. It's the same as accepting a gift from someone that you know stole it. It's wrong!!!!

Credits
    don't for get guys its US And Canada That Get's Movie's released 1st

Credits
    So did the owners of these films offer them to you on a buy one get one free, or a buy now pay later style of scheme?
    hehe, i see your point, but usually i don't download movies. only the ones that i can't wait to see and that won't come out for a few months here in europe. i can understand when studios don't release little known independent movies worldwide on the same day, but take finding nemo as an example. it starts here 6 months after the usa, but it is a sure fire hit, so there's no risk for disney releasing it simultaneously.
    i don't mind release date that are 2 or 3 weeks after the us release, but 6 months for a major blockbuster is too much imo. the us-dvd i ordered should arrive 2 weeks before the movie starts in theaters over here.
    i don't say that i support pirating movies and releasing them on the net, but i can't understand how a distributor like disney releases a top title this way. imo it serves them right if finding nemo is downloaded a few million times. every studio complains about the booming downloads, but they don't do something intelligent against it.

about the music stuff:
    a few years ago, when cd burners were not that common, most people recorded stuff from the radio on tape or copied tapes from their friends. that was legal. a few years ago it was also legal to create copies of cd's for yourself and for friends, as long as you don't sell them.
    today the industry suddenly complains. a few weeks ago i read an interview with the so called german dj atb. he complained, that his last single was downloaded 300.000 times in its first week of release. now tell me how many people would have actually bought it, if there was no internet. imo the cd industry is still quite succesful. one hour ago i saw, that pink got double platinum for selling 600.000 records in germany. i don't think that she would have sold much more without the internet, so there is still a market.
    and to be honest, i don't see a big difference in downloading an album to decide if i want to buy it, or listening to it in a record store. i download lots of stuff, but most of the time i don't keep it and delete it right away. the other ones i'll buy, because i can hear a difference between a cheap cd-rip and a real cd. i also like to have booklets and stuff. but then there's another problem: because of those damn copy protections some cd's don't sound as good anymore as they used to without it. it's no wonder people download stuff, when the quality becomes worse but the price rises.

Credits
    streetpreacher ... which ATB single is this? i'm a big ATB fan

ok, mp3s are not as good as CDs !!! mp3s are compressed audio and will never have the audio quality of uncompressed PCM audio which is on CDs

same with Divx and DVD-R downloads, they will never have the quality of retail dvd coz they are always downsampled.

i am actually against the idea of selling music thru the net using mp3 coz the quality will never be as good as CD PCM.

with movies, well u have to also consider that most people who download movies from the internet are not the real market, and that it does not asure that it was a "lost sale" for every mp3 or movie downloaded.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    if you live in a country and the film is delayed by 12 months.. then sure go and download it. if you dont like it then why should you pay money to see it? why on earth would you want to pay money to see a film in a cinema or buy it on dvd if you dont like it... save your money.. odds are you will just spend it on another dvd or movie ticket that you do like!?!

its not like films studios are just going to stop movies... they will continue to release the same movies.. and some people will love em and others will hate em... most people will watch a movie for free carl.. whether or not it is on television, over at a friends house or downloaded off the internet... in the end it has no effect on the movie/director/studio... all it affects is the opening weekend...

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Originally posted by trailergod
    streetpreacher ... which ATB single is this? i'm a big ATB fan

i have no idea, it must have come out about two months ago. he said, that without kazaa he would have sold 300.000 more copies in the first week of release, yeah right

Originally posted by trailergod

i am actually against the idea of selling music thru the net using mp3 coz the quality will never be as good as CD PCM.
    exactly. why should i pay 9.98$ for an album at a download service like the apple itunes store, if i can have the cd for 11€ at cd-wow.co.uk
    then i can still create my mp3's from it to put on my mp3 player, but in much better quality than those bought online. hehe, copy protection doesn't work on macs

Credits
    Look I only have the Agent Smith avatar because I like The Matrix and Smith is my favourite character. Even though I can't get into it. Dammit.

Credits
    Originally posted by Stormwalker
    if you live in a country and the film is delayed by 12 months.. then sure go and download it. if you dont like it then why should you pay money to see it? why on earth would you want to pay money to see a film in a cinema or buy it on dvd if you dont like it... save your money.. odds are you will just spend it on another dvd or movie ticket that you do like!?!
    Noone's saying that you have to pay for something you don't want to see. I'm saying, if you don't want to see it then don't see it. As for the waiting 12 months, that's something to take up with the studio's. Would be better sorted with a nice import that is both legal (most of the time) and involves the correct changing of money.

its not like films studios are just going to stop movies... they will continue to release the same movies.. and some people will love em and others will hate em... most people will watch a movie for free carl.. whether or not it is on television, over at a friends house or downloaded off the internet... in the end it has no effect on the movie/director/studio... all it affects is the opening weekend...
    It does effect takings, it makes a pretty big dent in them. We are no longer talking about a few small Kazaa users, nowadays 90% with a net connection use Kazaa and a lot of them are not going to download a film and pay for it. From the studio's perspective this takes away the option of risks. Most films would eventually make their money back, but when it comes to something less commercially viable the profit margine would have been less. So now they will be even more likely to only release the typical Michaele Baye crap as every film. A few hours where everything goes boom is all that people will be able to expect, and those that appreciate different films will not be able to catch them, because the profit margine has become so minimul now that studio's wont bother. At the end of the day, people who download movies are stealing those movies. It's possible o come up with a hundred different wordings for that, but they all mean the same. Just because it's possible, doesn't mean you should do it and those that do are costing the studio's money. It is reducing the number of unique and daring titles you can expect, and while that makes no difference to most people, that real movie fans are losing out badly because of it!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast