Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Exclamation It's coming... for everyone else

It is coming for virtually everyone in the world, except for a few lucky stiffs like me.

Yes, it is that time again to go through and change the time on all of your clocks, an semi-annual ritual that accomplishes abosulely nothing except "making the blanket longer by cutting off a section from the top to attach it to the bottom."

Unless, of course, you are located in a few select areas like Indiana, for example, where we do not practice Daylight Savings Time. So while everyone is waking up at 2 a.m. on Sunday morning to change their clocks, I will be sound asleep and won't have to change a single clock.

SUCKERS!:big grin:
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits

Re: It's coming... for everyone else

Originally posted by corfy
    It is coming for virtually everyone in the world, except for a few lucky stiffs like me.

Yes, it is that time again to go through and change the time on all of your clocks, an semi-annual ritual that accomplishes abosulely nothing except "making the blanket longer by cutting off a section from the top to attach it to the bottom."

Unless, of course, you are located in a few select areas like Indiana, for example, where we do not practice Daylight Savings Time. So while everyone is waking up at 2 a.m. on Sunday morning to change their clocks, I will be sound asleep and won't have to change a single clock.

SUCKERS!:big grin:
    erm, none wakes up at 2:00am to change clocks really, do they? It's far smarter to change then before you go to bed, and then enjoy the extra hours sleep the next day. Or fume at one hour less sleep.

Credits

Re: Re: It's coming... for everyone else

Originally posted by carl
    erm, none wakes up at 2:00am to change clocks really, do they? It's far smarter to change then before you go to bed, and then enjoy the extra hours sleep the next day. Or fume at one hour less sleep.
    who's in bed at 2am on saturday nights anyway
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    i used to never change my clocks.... but after being called weird and dumb and messed up.... i decided to do what others do and change my frickin clock twice a year...
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I've had some bad experiences with forgetting to change the clock. So I do it in advance now.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    I like the point when I wake up in the morning and then I remember I've to change my clock one hour back. It's like I stole an hour from time.

I HATE the other time where they steal an hour from me. THIEVES!!!
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits

Re: Re: It's coming... for everyone else

Originally posted by carl
    I know nobody bothers to get up at 2 a.m. just to change their clocks, (I used to live in a part of the country that did change times and I thought the whole process was a royal pain) but my point is, I didn't have to change my clock at all this weekend.

Although I do have to get used to some of my favorite cable shows being moved to a different time for the next six months.

Credits
    I actually read that people working overtime (who are these people, I mean 2am?!) don't get paid for an hour of work! that's pretty funny

BTW, why is it that you don't practice DST?

Credits
    Just to point out: here in Australia daylight savings begins in October. So while you all up north gains one hour to sleep, we lose one hour instead.

But you'll all pay... at the end of March

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    in queensland we dont bother with it edi heheh

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Originally posted by Jake
    BTW, why is it that you don't practice DST?
    I don't know why Indiana doesn't practice DST. It is something that the airline industries try to change every couple of years because they get confused as to which time zone we are in.

All I can figure is we are on the extreme west side of the Eastern time zone, and by the time the sun got to us, the savings wouldn't be worth it.

Most of us Hoosiers are perfectly happy to not have DST, but if we should ever start practicing it, I hope that we will move from the Eastern to Central time zone so at least we can get a break during the winter.