Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Goonies 2 !!!!

Credits

Groonies 2 !!!!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/148...003/id_0.jhtml

yup.. SEQUEL !!!!!!!!!!!!

BEVERLY HILLS, California — Mikey, Mouth, Data, Chunk and Sloth may be returning to the big screen, and with a whole new gang of Goonies — or more accurately, Groonies — joining them.

Richard Donner, who directed the 1985 classic "The Goonies," and Steven Spielberg, who executive produced it and co-wrote the script with future "Harry Potter" director Chris Columbus, have purchased a sequel script and are pushing to get it made.

"We're trying desperately," Donner said. "We're just trying to get Warner Bros., who owns it, to say yes." Warner Bros. did not return a request for comment.

The sequel would reunite the original cast, which included Sean Astin, Corey Feldman, Josh Brolin and others, with a new bunch of suburban kids, Donner said.

"The new group is called the Groonies, because they happen to live in a town where [Data], the Chinese kid, lives ... and he's got an electronics repair shop and all the kids hang out at his shop. He has this Chinese accent and he calls the Goonies the Groonies, and so the new kids call themselves the Groonies, until they get into a situation where the old Goonies have to save the new Groonies, or vice versa."

Donner would not say much more about the plot or the casting but said Astin's character, Mikey, would be prominent, and Jeff Cohen's Chunk would return.

"He is a lawyer now, you know," Donner said of Cohen. "He graduated UC Berkeley Law School top of his class and he's now a practicing lawyer here in [Hollywood] and phenomenal. Damn right we'll see him. I'm very proud of every one of those kids. They all turned out great."

"The Goonies," which also starred Martha Plimpton ("Beautiful Girls") and Joe Pantoliano ("The Sopranos"), centered on a group of teenagers who stumble upon a map of pirate "One-Eyed" Willy's hidden fortune.

Donner will continue developing the sequel after taking a few weeks to promote his latest movie, the sci-fi thriller "Timeline," starring Paul Walker as an archaeological student who travels back to 14th century France to rescue his professor.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    The first one was VERY good but it was based on the fact that the kids did stuff independently, and that's why they had the adventures.
    Once you bring adults into the movie I don't think it's gonna have the same appeal, they'll just load it with CGI.
    Bringing a cast back 18 years later may hurt them because of the fact that some of thes people probably can't act, and others may refuse to accept the offer.

Credits
    Im luvin this idea....i would really love to see a sequel, sounds good seeing as they gona include the original cast aswell..so im all up for it..il defo go to watch it

Credits
    omg did i love The Goonies.... one of my favorite 80s movies.... not so sure i like this idear tho... ill have to sleep on it i think

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    the whole groonies thing... that gives me a lot of hope... that kind of humour is what made the first so good... so I'm gonna reserve judgement till I see some more.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    oh man, no way!!!!!!!! this is the best news i've heard in my life!!!

Credits

Thumbs up

omg ya how cool is this im there

Credits
    This truly is, the decade of sequels and remakes from movies long since past. Can't wait for Ghostbusters 3! :big grin: