Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

“Terminator 4" is a go picture!

“Terminator 4” is a go picture. According to Variety, James Middleton has returned to Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar's C2 Pictures as senior VP of production, and one of the projects he’ll be overseeing development for is the fourth in the blockbuster “Terminator” series. No details are given at this stage as to what the tale will be about or who’s going to star in it, but chances are it’ll be without original star Arnold Schwarzenegger. Middleton will also oversee other Intermedia co-productions like “Smoke and Mirrors” and “Trapped”.
    MovieHole

A series eh? Was thinking about this eariler along with a Matrix series but isn't robotics a costly process? Would a series budget be enough to have robotics? Unless ur planning to do all robots with CG.
    Last edited by ZUBi; 11-20-2003 at 02:39 PM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Sounds horrible..

Credits
    Robots should be CG and puppets. I think the Future War should be over two films; the first about the aftermath of the nuclear war where John Connor and Kate Brewster come to terms with what has happened and how the robots enslave humanity only for humanity to strike back with a massive climatic assault (remember what Reese told Sarah in T1). The second will have epic battle scenes and including the time travel machine, John getting killed, Kate giving birth, sex scene etc. That's how it SHOULD work. The first doesn't even need Arnie, as they could all be endoskeletons. However, I feel Hollywood will mess it up big time by cramming all of it in one go. Cameron, too, should return, or have someone decent like Ang Lee direct.
    That's my Two Cents. I'll be back.

Credits
    Seeing as i was one of the few that hated terminator 3 and found it the most dissapointing of the year...(dont argue..just my opinion) obviously due to that i aint tooo happy about a terminator 4 or series...but if they do make it...i sooo hope they dont use the humour style they did in T3..cuz that was just soo terrible for the tone of the terminator series.
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 11-20-2003 at 04:51 PM.

Credits
    Trailers, you got it, bang on. That's just about perfectly what I'm hoping for in my final two terminator movies.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    See the appeal of the teminator is the fact that the machines look so real, They always use REAL robots with very little CG so an all CG movie will suck

Credits
    What they need to do is to show all the stuff that happened before (well, technically after) all the events in the first two terminator films. They need to bring back Kyle Reese and show the torment that John goes through in having to send back his father (who he could never reveal the truth of their lineage to) to his death in 1984. That is so tragic: you never get to meet your father until you are grown up and older than your dad is, you can't tell him the truth because it would mess up history, and you have to send him to his death. That is friggin' shakespeare compared to summer movies today. Then they reprogram a T-800 and send him back to battle the T-1000. Then the T-800 from T3 kills Connor and is reprogramed by Kate. There are a lot of storylines that could be followed. I just hope that they don't focus on the future war. They need to focus on these repeated events.

I really hope that Kyle Reese comes back....

I really hope that Kyle Reese comes back...
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Reese WILL be back or continuity goes out the window.

Credits

Thumbs up

ohhh T4 goody can't wait

Credits
    Where does it say anything about a TV series in there? It mentions the movie series but I don't see anything about TV.

Another odd thought. It says on the DVD that Reese was born in 2008. Wouldn't it be freaky if John was Kyle's dad?
    Last edited by Lehm; 11-22-2003 at 12:07 AM.

Credits
    Originally posted by WorkShed
    What they need to do is to show all the stuff that happened before (well, technically after) all the events in the first two terminator films. They need to bring back Kyle Reese and show the torment that John goes through in having to send back his father (who he could never reveal the truth of their lineage to) to his death in 1984. That is so tragic: you never get to meet your father until you are grown up and older than your dad is, you can't tell him the truth because it would mess up history, and you have to send him to his death. That is friggin' shakespeare compared to summer movies today. Then they reprogram a T-800 and send him back to battle the T-1000. Then the T-800 from T3 kills Connor and is reprogramed by Kate. There are a lot of storylines that could be followed. I just hope that they don't focus on the future war. They need to focus on these repeated events.

I really hope that Kyle Reese comes back....

I really hope that Kyle Reese comes back...
    That would be the perfect end to the series, even make up for 3. Yet, come on, we all know Hollywood. They'll have Vin Diesel playing Kyle Reese.

Credits
    Originally posted by Lehm
    Where does it say anything about a TV series in there? It mentions the movie series but I don't see anything about TV.

Another odd thought. It says on the DVD that Reese was born in 2008. Wouldn't it be freaky if John was Kyle's dad?
    I never considered that, good idea,

It makes sense and it doesn't
    makes sense becasue if he was his son he might want to send someone capable of protecting his mother. His son would be the most trusted person to do that

Doesn't make sense because I don't think he'd send him becasue it was his son but then again he did send his father

Credits
    it is funny how the Terminator franchise is mimicing AL()EN. lol Both have their dogs, yet we all hope the magic can be found again.

Credits
    Remember the fact that history is somewhat static in the movies though. They changed when the war started, so some of the details would change too.

Considering John was told that the T800 killed him in the future, means it does not nessesarily have to happen now. By knowing about it, the course of that particular point in history could have been changed.
    Gypsy