Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Exclamation David Hemmings 1941-2003 R.I.P.

From imdb.com
    Actor David Hemmings, who became one of the iconic faces of the swinging London scene in the 60s with his performance in the groundbreaking Blow-Up, died Wednesday of a heart attack on the set of his latest film; he was 62. After finishing the final day's shots for Samantha's Child in Romania, Hemmings collapsed as he was heading back to his dressing room, and paramedics were unable to revive him. Hemmings started his career as a professional singer at the age of nine, and as he grew up made nightclub and stage appearances before moving to film in the late 50s. Early roles saw him as one of the many disaffected young men of post-war England, and he gained his greatest fame as the fashion photographer who may have photographed a murder in Michelangelo Antonioni's Blow-Up (1966), the quintessential "swinging 60s" film and one of the most influential of the decade. He followed up that film with a scene-stealing turn as Mordred in the otherwise moribund film adaptation of the musical Camelot, and a role opposite Jane Fonda in the cult classic Barbarella. Innumerable character roles followed, and Hemmings also turned to directing in 1972, helming both movies and TV series through the following decades as his acting career waned. He returned to film acting in 2000 with Gladiator, and also appeared recently in Last Orders, Spy Game, Gangs of New York and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Hemmings is survived by his third wife Lucy Williams, their two sons, a daughter from his first marriage and a son from his second.
    Is it me, or are we losing famous people in Hollywood by the bucketload?

Credits
    It's always been happening but younger people don't realize it. I was actually thinking about this the other day and can you believe that almost every celebrity we know now will die before us?

I don't know, I'm sounding really pessimistic, it's been a hard few days.

Credits
    I'm surprised so few people responded, because this guy is a cult celebrity.