Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

"I'm the instrument for death & rebirth!"

YAMAGATA -- A boy accused of beating his mother to death with a baseball bat was influenced by a cartoon that made him believe humans were unnecessary beings, prosecutors told the Yamagata District Court on Monday.

In opening statements at the trial of Hiroyuki Tsuchida, 22, prosecutors claimed that watching the science-fiction cartoon "Neon Genesis Evangelion" had made Tsuchida believe a phrase in it that said, "The ultimate conclusion of (human) evolution is ruin."

He also came to believe that humans were unnecessary beings who were destroying the world's environment, and in turn began to want to kill people, prosecutors said.

Mainichi Daily News
    Hope this doesn't halt in any way the live action movie in pre-production
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 12-02-2003 at 09:14 PM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Bloody hell, another kid whacked out on his loved one (or the ones loved him) and the media blames those things he watched.

Evangelion, Matrix, The Basketball Diaries, The Untold Story... the list goes on. Don't these kids have any ability of judging what's right and wrong about what they see on screen? tsk tsk tsk...

And what's with kids these days? I mean I went through that phrase myself and once or twice, or many times in fact, I wanna kill everyone around me. Still there's something called self-restrain, and a sense of responsibilty for one's own actions.

Then again, I can't judge other people being an imperfect being myself.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    i'm sorry, but i find it hard to believe that some cartoon, no matter how influential, is responsible for making this kid kill his mother. the media just needs a reason for why someone would go off the deep end and start "whacking" people...
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    hm, did i read correctly; this guy is 22 years old??
    yeah right, as if he was sane before watching nge.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Originally posted by red bear
    i'm sorry, but i find it hard to believe that some cartoon, no matter how influential, is responsible for making this kid kill his mother. the media just needs a reason for why someone would go off the deep end and start "whacking" people...
    Obviously the person was already unstable. When these things occur I get more annoyed when people complain that it's all propoganda. There are people out there with a difficulty in distinguishing between real and fantasy/ right or wrong, and when these people view films they are going to be influenced. Unfortunately the answer isn't don't watch them, because they are not diagnosed at birth. It's when these happen that the diagnosis is made, and since it was a film and or videogame that triggered it then that's what will be reported. Without the film this person may have gone years, even forever without doing this. He would still have been mentally unstable, but it could have been averted. Have some understanding.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

well, after watching many asian movies lately, this is nothing unusual for Me. Japan is weird country (suicides or killings press)...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    Obviously the person was already unstable...
    that's my point. this person already had problems. but instead of saying that, the media focus' on the game he was playing...or the movie...or Ozzy Osbourne for the reason behind the crime.

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    Have some understanding.
    no i don't.
    i bet besides seeing nge the guy also read something out of the bible or heard something from mozart or beethoven. maybe they are responsible for this. the bible is pretty violent, why not blame it for such crimes?
    it's always stuff like movies, video games or music like slipknot and marilyn manson.
    without knowing that guy, i bet he was pretty f***** up before that incident. i don't think that anybody around me suddenly becomes a killer because of an anime after seeing many other movies containing violence.
    i bet nge wasn't the first movie that the guy saw.

i hate to read such crap in the news. instead of telling what the parents did wrong it's always some sort of entertainment that'S guilty. a few years ago i saw a news story about a 13 year old boy who killed somebody with a samurai sword. of course they blamed a video game for the crime, the fact that the father bought his son a sword worth 600$ was only mentioned at the end.

Credits
    ohh pls, do u guys buy this excuse?

i am willing to bet its a good excuse made by the lawyers
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    It's just like this one case in NYC where this guy accused Rockstar Games's GTA3 for being responsible for influencing him to commit some crime and drive through the city trying to escape the police.

This guy should get the death penalty. I think that shooting someone is a bit impersonal but if you kill someone with a baseball bat or your bare hands that definately shows that it takes a lot of hate