Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

The Passion Of The Christ offical website

check out the offical website on http://www.passionofthechrst.com cool looking site with new teaser trailer

Credits
    I guess Mel has found a distributor. I thought this was coming out at Easter but looks like it’s coming out on Ash Wednesday. I for one am looking forward to seeing this film.
    Last edited by chernabog_ca; 12-06-2003 at 08:00 PM.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    I can honestly say I really don't know what to expect from this movie.
    It just might work or it might just be religious bs

Credits
    so who is the distributor ? ICON ?

a movie about Jesus Christ will certainly have religious implications
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Looks like Icon, who have since now, been distrubuting films in the UK and Australia. This could be their first US foray.

Credits
    Actually, the U.S. distributer is Newmarket Film Group. They did the theatrical release of Momento and are the distributer for Charlize Theron's Monster.

Apparently the movie isn't just a bunch of religious bs. Reviews from AICN lead me to think that this may just be an amazing film.

www.aintitcool.com/search.cgi?where=title%3D%27The%20Passion%20of%20the%20Christ%27

There are atheists and agnostics who have posted and said that the movie is incredible. One reviewer, however, noted that Mel might run into problems with the MPAA rating. At this point I guess it's pretty gory. Not sure what Mel can do about cutting out gore since crucifixion is gory (those Romans really knew how to torture a guy) and to date there hasn't been an accurate depiction of the horrors of crucifixion on film.

I'm curious to see how this film does. It's had incredible interest ever since the trailer was released--not only has the Passion trailer been popular on this site, but Passion has been on Yahoo Movies' top 20 list of searches since September. I think the only other two movies that can make that claim is LOTR and Batman! I'm amazed at how much interest this film is garnering.

What's your take?
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    Originally posted by enkydu
    Actually, the U.S. distributer is Newmarket Film Group. They did the theatrical release of Momento and are the distributer for Charlize Theron's Monster.
    Why do people always forget Donnie Darko?

Credits
    i have seen actual people being crucified, i have seen it in the Philippines when some very religious people redo the crucifixion during holy week.

i tell u now that as usual Hollywood is Bullsheet in showing "proper depiction". It is not as bloody as it seems, there is actually very little blood when the nail goes thru the hand. Movies as usual over do it.

Credits
    You're right. The nail through the arm and leg is not a big, bloody deal. What was particularly bloody about the Roman crucifixions, however, was the scourging that took place prior to the nailing. They used a whip that had chuncks of stones and bones on the tip of the chords and raked it across the criminal's back. Often times this would rip off so much flesh that the internal organs would be exposed.

Modern doctors who have studied the Roman practice of crucifixion actually believe that the scourging made the execution more humane since it often times sent the victim into shock because of blood loss. In a way, Jesus was unfortunate in his crufixion since he, apparently, didn't go into shock--even after they made him carry his cross (an act that would usually lead the the criminal passing out).

When compared to the scourging, the crown of throrns, and the sword in the side, the actually nailing of the body to the cross is pretty tame.

Credits
    Well.. he didn't carry it all the way. He almost passed out! But to make it worse, the Romans did pierce his sides so that he would die quicker.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    The site certainly looks interesting for the movie. The date is becoming closer yet so far.

Credits
    Well, if it's a real movie then fine, and I'm hopefully gonna enjoy it.
    It's just that Mel Gibson is really religious and I thought it would be kinda like "the official Jesus movie"

Credits
    Here's some happy news this Christmas season, an unexpected gift for those who have seen and admired Mel Gibson's controversial movie, "The Passion," and wish to support it. The film has a new admirer, and he is a person of some influence. He is in fact the head of the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church.

Pope John Paul II saw the movie the weekend before last, in the Vatican, apparently in his private rooms, on a television, with a DVD, and accompanied by his closest friend, Msgr. Stanislaw Dziwisz. Afterwards and with an eloquent economy John Paul shared with Msgr. Dziwisz his verdict. Dziwisz, the following Monday, shared John Paul's five-word response with the co-producer of The Passion, Steve McEveety.

This is what the pope said: "It is as it was."
    http://www.opinionjournal.com/column.../?id=110004442
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    Well, if it's a real movie then fine, and I'm hopefully gonna enjoy it.
    It's just that Mel Gibson is really religious and I thought it would be kinda like "the official Jesus movie"
    Of course it's a real movie -- one taken after a real event. You kinda scared of religious people Jake? You don't want to be a part of maybe "the official Jesus movie"?

Oh that's right, you want to be entertained -- heaven forbid a movie actually challenges someone.

Credits
    Well, Hollywood and Religion are very very far from each other. I don't disapprove of religion but I hate sitting on the Subway and people walking and yelling that the end is coming and showering me with friggin pamphlets. I hate religious BS, that's what it is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast