Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

The Bourne Supremacy (second installment of the Bourne series)

Here's some upcoming release news from the <A HREF="http://www.universalpictures.com/">Universal Pictures</A> website ..
    UNIVERSAL PICTURES BEGINS PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THE ESPIONAGE THRILLER THE BOURNE SUPREMACY

UNIVERSAL CITY, CA, November 11, 2003—Universal Pictures has announced the start of principal photography on the espionage thriller The Bourne Supremacy, the second installment of best-selling author Robert Ludlum Bourne series with Matt Damon returning as trained assassin Jason Bourne._ Damon heads an impressive cast that includes Oscar® nominee Joan Allen (The Contender), Brian Cox (X2), Julia Stiles (Mona Lisa Smile), Karl Urban (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers) and Franka Potente (The Bourne Identity)._ The film is produced by Frank Marshall (Seabiscuit, Signs, The Bourne Identity), Pat Crowley (Charlie Angels: Full Throttle, The Bourne Identity) and Paul L. Sandberg (Picking Up the Pieces) and is directed by Paul Greengrass (writer/director of Bloody Sunday) from a screenplay by Tony Gilroy (The Bourne Identity), based on Ludlum book.___

The Bourne Supremacy re-enters the shadowy world of expert assassin Bourne (Damon), who continues to find himself plagued by splintered nightmares from his former life._ The stakes are now even higher for the agent as he coolly maneuvers through the dangerous waters of international espionage—replete with CIA plots, turncoat agents and ever-shifting covert alliances—all the while hoping to find the truth behind his haunted memories and answers to his own fragmented past._

Compelling use of exotic worldwide locations and the muscular cinematic edge brought by vanguard director Greengrass maintain the aggressive style and fresh, non-traditional perspective established in The Bourne Identity. _The Bourne Supremacy is the latest entry in a refreshingly new breed of that time-honored genre, the espionage thriller.

Joining Greengrass is a talented production team behind the camera, including director of photography Oliver Wood (The Bourne Identity, U-571), production designer Dominic Watkins (Bad Boys II), costume designer Dinah Collin (Bloody Sunday), editor Christopher Rouse (The Italian Job) and special effects supervisor Kit West (the upcoming Around the World in 80 Days)._

The Bourne Supremacy, which is shooting on location in Germany, Russia and India, is scheduled for release by Universal Pictures in 2004.
    I really liked The Bourne Identity .. the first in this Robert Ludlum series .. same cast members are back with some worthy additions.

Last edited by Rufus; 12-11-2003 at 08:25 PM.
    "It used to be said that we are what we eat... And then people maybe... a little more fashion conscious would say... 'No, you are what you wear'... Or you are what you read... But we would say in this millenium... You are what you watch..." Peter Gabriel - Growing Up

Credits
    Thanks for the news.

I, too, likes the first movie and look forward to Supremacy. I'll miss Chris Cooper, but am glad the rest of the cast is in tack.

I'm surprised to see Julia Stiles is going to be in it since her name recognition continues to grow and she had such a small role in the first one. I'd think she'd start leaving these small, supporting roles behind her. I'm glad she didn't.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    I have a feeling that they got her under contract for a number of films and chose her because her role becomes more important. Otherwise, why waste her talent on such a small part?

Credits
    I enjoyed the first but I'm worried they will over use Bourne and kill the series. Universal have said they're planning a Bourne franchise.

Credits
    Well, you never know, maybe it will replace Bond as the modern spy thriller franchise

Credits
    Bond dug itself into a hole. DAD had the worst minatures ever and the stupidest plot since Moonraker. Good fights, though.

Credits
    I liked the Bourne Identity, though it had next to nothing in common with the book. Actually, it was more fun than the book

But anyway, I look forward to this one too.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    I think the first Bourne was really underrated. As long as the second one is as good as the first, I'm as happy as a clam.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Bourne is better then bond imo.

Credits
    New pics from the movie:

Source: www.countingdown.com

Credits
    Yesterday I read "The most-rented video of the year was The Bourne Identity from Universal ($79.2 million)." I'm not sure if that's a good thing (expanded fan base and therefore more ticket sales for the sequel, ala the Matrix), or if its a bad thing (people like the series, but not enough to pay to see it in the theater, ala Tomb Raider).
    We'll have to wait and see.

Credits
    I don't think Bourne will ever replace Bond, you can't use 1 film to judge a 40 year old franchise, and you can't use a few problems to cheapen the effect of the whole film. DAD had style, class and fun. Bourne was also fun, but it didn't have anything to compare to Bond knocking a guy out, sticking him in a wheel chair then throwing him into the room to cause a distraction. That's what Bond is, cheeky and fun. I really liked the Bourne Identity but so far I haven't really seen anything from the character that would indicate a succesful franchise, but, since XXX is getting a franchise then I welkcome Bourne with open arms as it tips the favour back int the balance of Good.

Credits
    I'm a fan of the Bond franchise but ever since XXX came out it started to seem like BOnd was for old Brits. XXX and Bourne are the new cool radical "dudes with attitude". THey appeal to a slightly different audience and they sure as hell don't ahve nearly the style that Bond does. So which will succeed remains to be seen.

Credits
    as long as there are Minis again
    and no way is XXX like Bourne, Bourne certainly has more class than XXX
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    you're totally right, I just phrased it wrong, it seems like Bond is just out of style now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast