Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Scifiwire Movie News (12/16/2003) - Xmen3 news plus Spinoffs, McKellen talks Xmen3

Scifiwire Movie News
    --------------
    Donner Reveals X-Men Plans
    McKellen Eager For X-Men 3
    -------------------
    Donner Reveals X-Men Plans

X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner told SCI FI Wire that she's juggling several related projects, including the upcoming third X-Men movie and possible spinoffs centered on Hugh Jackman's Wolverine character and Halle Berry's Storm. She also confirmed spoiler speculation that the third film will deal in part with Famke Janssen's Jean Grey and her apparent transformation into Dark Phoenix, which was foreshadowed at the end of the previous film, X2.

"Will Famke [return]? Yes," Donner said in an interview on the Los Angeles set of her next film, Constantine. "And you know we have to [do the Dark Phoenix storyline]. We kind of left that out there. So we have to follow that thread, along with some other stories. Yeah."

X2 writing partners Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty are drafting a script for X-Men 3, and Donner said that producers are trying to nail down deals with cast members and director Bryan Singer. "We're also going to develop a Wolverine movie at the same time, but it won't come out until after X3," she said.

Oscar winner Berry has expressed reservations about returning to the franchise unless her Storm character has a lot more to do. "We have to just make sure that she's used well," Donner said. "We have a great, great, great storyline for her. Or maybe we'll do a Storm movie. Who knows? I don't know."
    ---------------------
    McKellen Eager For X-Men 3

Ian McKellen told SCI FI Wire that he's planning to reprise the role of Magneto in a proposed third X-Men movie—mainly because he just saw the second film, X2, on DVD and liked it more than he expected. "I'm going to talk about it tonight to [director] Bryan Singer," McKellen said before the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King premiere in Los Angeles on Dec. 3. "I've only just seen [X2] on DVD, because I was fearful that I wasn't going to enjoy it as much as the first, and I enjoyed it more."

McKellen added, "I e-mailed [Singer] and said, 'Are you making number three, and am I going to be in it?' And I sent the same thing off to the writers [Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris and David Hayter]. And positive replies came back. So I've made sure Bryan's got a ticket for tonight, and Michael Dougherty's got a ticket for tonight. So I'm doing my best. Here I am in Hollywood, I'm working the system."
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Cool, I loved X2.. Hopefully X3 will be as good if not better.

Credits
    just hope Berry doesnt mess things up wid her wanting a bigger part and all that....im all up for xmen3

Credits
    indeed... I think Halle Berry needs to get over herself. If or when Catwoman bombs it should give her some much needed humility... she's not the X-Men franchise.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?