Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Kill Bill: Vol. 2 - 4 international teasers/trailers + 2 TV spots (Macromedia FLASH)

Last edited by ZUBi; 12-27-2003 at 05:34 PM.

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    thanks
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Haha, love the Japanese guy talking in it.

Credits
    huh, I saved SWF files from Temporary Internet Files Directory, but cannot play them in Macromedia Flash Player 7 (they are kinda protected). they play online fine, but offline lookalike not...
    Last edited by ZUBi; 12-27-2003 at 06:56 PM.

Credits
    Well thats not so odd. When u make a site like that u dont do it in 1 big swf file but rather several smaler one.
    First 1 "shell" which displays the site than then others with contain the material on the site, that way its easier to update and change material.

Anyhow, the teaser is certenly saved in a separate swf. And im guessing its the one u got. However u dont let a swf like that run directly, u stop it at frame 1 and then let it wait for a "GO GO GO" from the "main" swf. So what u got is a trailer that got no way of knowing when to start playing.

Or atleast that is my guess without looking into it. Its how I would have done it.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont
    Anyhow, the teaser is certenly saved in a separate swf. And im guessing its the one u got. However u dont let a swf like that run directly, u stop it at frame 1 and then let it wait for a "GO GO GO" from the "main" swf. So what u got is a trailer that got no way of knowing when to start playing.
    Here's the part I don't get: they do all this effort to hide the trailer, yet don't protect the path:

http://web-cache.stream.ne.jp/web05/...killbill_vol2/

If you use a site ripper like teleport pro, you can download everything that's there from that point on (use the option to keep the directory structure), and if you've got everything, you can just open the main.swf in your browser and watch the trailer again and again without needing to go online.

Direct link to the swf with the trailer:

http://web-cache.stream.ne.jp/web05/...1/trailer1.swf

Maybe someone can decompile it and extract the movie?

UPDATE: tried to decompile it with SoThink SWF Decompiler, this worked to some degree: I now have one file, "sprite2.swf" that when opened in the decompiler plays the trailer, but when I try to decompile that .swf file I get a bunch of small, black .swf files.

So to all Flash experts: is there a way to use the decompiled flash data to generate a new .swf file that will play in the browser? Or can I extract the movie (or rather, use the .swf file to make it into an mpeg)?
    Last edited by bvh2003; 12-27-2003 at 09:09 PM.

Credits
    it's not about extracting the .swf file from the flash u can find in ur browser or temp folder cuz the movie file u want is not embed in it and it loads the trailer.swf into itself when u play the shell.so all u need to do is download the flash loader(view source when u right click the border of the brower window) and use some tool(here i recommend action script viewer) to see the loaing codes, and do some compiling for yourself to have the correct URL of the swf file u really want - the trailer.

Credits
    Originally posted by gaga1227
    it's not about extracting the .swf file from the flash u can find in ur browser or temp folder cuz the movie file u want is not embed in it and it loads the trailer.swf into itself when u play the shell.so all u need to do is download the flash loader(view source when u right click the border of the brower window) and use some tool(here i recommend action script viewer) to see the loaing codes, and do some compiling for yourself to have the correct URL of the swf file u really want - the trailer.
    As I've explained: there's no need for that, the files are downloadable and you can perfectly mirror the flash files on your own PC.

However, there are some encoding tricks used so you can't play the trailer .swf on its own, nor can you extract anything from it with a tool like swf2avi (because early on in that .swf there's a code that stops the playing of the file unless it is loaded by the main file). So I was asking whether someone knows a way to get around this.

swf2avi allows you to make a container file for the extracted .swf that actually contains the trailer, but when you run swf2avi all you get is the same black screen because it stops a few frames into the trailer: the container doesn't work because it always starts at frame 1 and not at frame 5 (or whatever frame is the first after the "roadblock").

If there is a solution to get past the roadblock, you could load the swf into Quicktime 6 and make it into an easier to play file. Quality would be bad, but at least it woudl be easier to look at.

I've uploaded a rar file to the m-l ftp with the files from the website, if you unpack this rar set on your pc you can watch the trailer and open "main.html" from the main (root) directory in your browser, it all works perfectly.

If you want to experiment, search for sothink swf decompiler and extract everything from the file "trailer1.swf", in the directory for sprites it is one of them that actually contains the trailer and you can play that file in sothink swf decompiler, but so far I haven't found how to use that .swf file to make a "stand alone" trailer, because there's some kind of protection : open it in Quicktime and it just loops the first second and almost crashes your pc.

UPDATE:

I searched for other flash decompiling software, and found "flash decompiler". Dropped the sprite .swf file (see above) with the trailer in it, decompiled it and ended up with a new .swf file with just the video which plays in a browser but for some reason doesn't work in Quicktime. I've uploaded this .swf file to the ml ftp server. Beware: my PC's soundcard is broken and thus I don't know whether this video file actually contains sound (but the software did save an .mp3 file in a seperate directory).
    Last edited by bvh2003; 12-30-2003 at 07:49 PM.

Credits
    trailer/files in RAR file works executing MAIN.SWF (sound works BTW).

separate SWF file which U post (kill_bill_2.swf) starts to play, but SLOOOOOOOW, its unwatchable.

Credits
    Originally posted by ZUBi
    separate SWF file which U post (kill_bill_2.swf) starts to play, but SLOOOOOOOW, its unwatchable.
    I had that impression myself, but I thought this was because of my PC running out of memory. ;-)

Credits
    yeah, and what if everybody now goes on with only swh trailers? what for they do it? why to protect movie adverts from dowhloading? it's much bigger fun and joy if you can have a peace of your favourite movie downloaded on your pc, but no - those pagans keep hiding 'em!

Credits
    Originally posted by g-x
    ... only swh trailers?...
    sorry, i mean SWF

Credits
    use the edit button rather den correct thyself in another post
    btw welcome to the forum g-x

Credits
    tenx, i've been watching this place couple months, finally registered
    and damn, i forgot about edit button!

btw, you got cool avatar :big grin:

Credits
    Originally posted by g-x
    btw, you got cool avatar :big grin:
    its my method of hypnotizin people :big grin: :angel"

btw has ne1 confirmed yet that Kill is love is going to the be da sub heading in countries otha den japan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast