Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

ROTK Reviews...is there any dissent?

This page went live yesterday on metacritic.com

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/returnoftheking/
    Six reviews posted and it has an average score of 100 (out of 100)! :big grin:

For a point of reference check out All-time High Scores

Can a movie with this overwhelmingly positive of a response possibly not get the Academy Award?
    (obviously, anything's possible, but...wow)
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    i can't wait to go see this movie in the theaters.

Credits
    The list looks credible but under the review it says
    8.8 out of 10 (24 Votes).
    as the average user vote

What I'm looking for is something like
    Best Movie of ALL time
    to get me really excited

Credits
    metacritic now has 14 reviews from nearly every MAJOR source, all perfect. That's unheard of. Even the Godfather has some non-100 scored reviews.

(Yes, I realize that surfers who come to the site can vote and have given it a less-than-perfect score. But I believe there's a big difference between the average Joe's ability to rate the quality of a movie and major industry critics.)

I think we're pretty close to being able to say that this film is the best REVIEWED film of all time.

Credits
    Well personally I cant give it more than a 7 out of 10
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    I loved it, brutal action scenes and emotiuonal story telling. I found those 2 areas even better than the first 2, FOTR for emotion and TTT for brutal action, in case you were wondering.

Credits
    I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think I probably liked FOTR the best, but this certainly had the most powerful scenes in the trilogy.

Very good. There are things I would have done differently...but who can't say that about any movie?

10/10

Credits
    I dunno... I go with Rotten Tomatoes, they cover a lot more sources, and they've got it sitting at 97%. Damn.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    I thought ROTK was to long!!! While the battle sequences were something to behold, there was a lot of excess to the movie. I understand in trying to keep with the books as best as possible, but come on - the final sequence at the harbor? That scene could have been considerably shorter (or cut out entirely). Let's not forget the critical sequences which involved Liv Tyler. I don't think I could of understood the story without them (says sarcastically).

Fellowship is still my favorite too. Perhaps though, as with Fellowship, I need to see ROTK a few more times to have it "grow" on me.

The final installment does make Lord of the Rings (as a friend aptly put it) "the Star Wars of this generation"

I give it 7.5/10
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I watched the first one in theaters and I must say I didn't care for it, so I haven't forced myself to sit through parts 2 or 3.

To me, Pt. 1 was just a walking tour of Middle Earth with a bunch of running and hiding sequences and a few fighting sequences thrown in to break up the monotony.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Originally posted by corfy
    I watched the first one in theaters and I must say I didn't care for it, so I haven't forced myself to sit through parts 2 or 3.
    Sorry, but I think you are missing a lot...
    No, i KNOW you are missing a lot.

Credits
    I don't like them as individual movies but as a whole I'll give it 7.9/10

Credits
    Originally posted by Granite
    I thought ROTK was to long!!! While the battle sequences were something to behold, there was a lot of excess to the movie. I understand in trying to keep with the books as best as possible, but come on - the final sequence at the harbor? That scene could have been considerably shorter (or cut out entirely). Let's not forget the critical sequences which involved Liv Tyler. I don't think I could of understood the story without them (says sarcastically).

Fellowship is still my favorite too. Perhaps though, as with Fellowship, I need to see ROTK a few more times to have it "grow" on me.

The final installment does make Lord of the Rings (as a friend aptly put it) "the Star Wars of this generation"

I give it 7.5/10
    the only problem with the harbour scene is that u really need to see the extended version FOTR to get why they going west... or read the books... imho u can't get rid of the harbour but u can get rid of the stupid slow motion frodo smiles and frowns