game review trousersnake plisken is bizback
Global video games leader, Namco Hometek Inc., announced today that the company has secured the rights to develop and publish video games based on action hero character, Snake Plissken, from the feature films Escape from New York and Escape from LA.
Legendary director John Carpenter, producer Debra Hill and actor Kurt Russell own the Snake Plissken character rights and will be working with Namco on the development of the video games. The first of multiple titles featuring Plissken will launch in time for Christmas 2005.

"Working with both the original team from Escape and the developers at Namco allows Kurt, Debra and me to reach a whole new generation of Snake fans and still be true to the original movie," said John Carpenter.

“Bringing Snake into the video game world should be a blast,” said actor Kurt Russell.

The popular Escape movies were introduced in the early 1980s, and have created a huge cult following. The property has already expanded into other forms of entertainment including a bi-monthly comic book titled "John Carpenter’s Snake Plissken Chronicles," as well as action figures, novelizations and Japanese anime.

The Snake Plissken character raised the bar for cinematic action heroes and Namco’s video game intends to be just as revolutionary in the interactive arena. The action-epic game will feature Snake battling his way through a post-apocalyptic universe using a combination of fists, firearms, stealth and brains. Just as in the films, Snake will face intense and challenging situations, which will require the player to make quick decisions and take decisive actions. With a rich storyline and Kurt Russell providing the authentic Snake Plissken voice and attitude, this game will be a tribute to Snake fans and gamers worldwide.

“Snake Plissken is a pop-culture icon and Kurt Russell's portrayal of Snake set the standard by which many action heroes followed,“ said Andre Emerson, Senior Producer for Namco Hometek Inc. “The opportunity to now extend the Snake Plissken character through a video game franchise is a dream come true for us. We will be partnering directly with series creators John Carpenter, Debra Hill, and Kurt Russell to create a dangerous universe where players can live Snake's past, present and future adventures first hand."
“I am thrilled “Snake Plissken Chronicles” will soon be an exciting new action game from Namco,” said producer Debra Hill. “This reinvention of Snake in a multi-media world that did not exist 20 years ago only reinforces our belief that the character is universal in his appeal and ageless in the marketplace."
I FOUND THIS NEWS AT: www.20six.co.uk/infamous1andonlyhit
original source: www.gamezone.com

Personally i dont see the point if we already got metal gear solid