Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Limp Bizkit, Creed Worst Bands of Year

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../music_poll_dc

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Limp Bizkit, which suffered slow sales of its long-awaited new album, has been named worst band of the year by readers of Guitar World magazine.

Creed, another act that draws sharp reactions, came in at No. 2 even though the Christian combo took the year off. New York rockers the Strokes were No. 3, followed by "all pop-punk bands" at No. 4 and pop-punk band Good Charlotte at No. 5.

Limp Bizkit's "Results May Vary" has sold one million copies after 13 weeks, and ranks No. 64 on the U.S. pop charts. Its previous release, 2000's Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water," ranked No. 5 after 13 weeks with sales of four million copies.

Metallica (news - web sites)'s poor-selling new album, "St. Anger," was named biggest disappointment, but it also came in at No. 2 as the best metal album, ranking behind Black Label Society's "The Blessed Hellride."

Metallica's Kirk Hammett was named best metal guitarist, a possible consolation prize for having all his solos cut from "St. Anger," and Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl was named best rock guitarist, notwithstanding his initial claim to fame as the drummer with defunct rock band Nirvana.

Another long-gone band, Led Zeppelin, released the best rock album of 2003, the 3-CD live package "How the West Was Won," according to Guitar World readers. That category was rounded out by Audioslave's self-titled debut, the White Stripes' "Elephant," Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Vicious Cycle" and Rush's "Rock in Rio."

The other big disappointments of the year were listed as "all new music," the break-up of Texas metal veterans Pantera, the continued absence of a new Guns 'N Roses album, and Marcos Curiel's departure from Christian rock band P.O.D.

so rock is out and hip hop is still in?

so whats in.. really? ohhhh electronica and trance
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    hehe, they made pretty good choices

my only complaints:
    limp bizkit is not the worst band of the year, they are the worst band of the decade!

i can't see how they say the departure of the p.o.d. guitarist is a disappointment, it's only a disappointment that this band still exists. the term "christian rock" alone shows how bad they are.

and the audioslave album is a 2002 release, so it shouldn't appear in a 2003 poll. i also don't think something like a live or greatest hits cd should be eligible for a years best poll, only new material should be considered. so that makes "elephant" the best cd of the year (would be my personal no 2)
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    i've used to be a fan of Metallica but ever since the "black" album, i think they stink. almost every song sounds the same. i didn't even bother with this new one. so i thought it was funny that they still came in front of Black Label Society. Z.Wylde is such an awesome guitar player. not only focusing on "old school" metal but blues as well. Creed and POD....no comment. religion and rock are not good partners. ask Stryper. but the worst news was the break up of Pantera. i've seen it coming for awhile but this just really stinks. i always considered them much better than most metal bands.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits
    @ red bear: U got it totally right

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    How can they say the Strokes suck? They're one of the few bands who's actually trying to stop Nickelback, Creed, Pearl Jam, and Theory of an Original Sound from destroying good rock!
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    I love Creed!!! They've gone mad..
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh
    How can they say the Strokes suck? They're one of the few bands who's actually trying to stop Nickelback, Creed, Pearl Jam, and Theory of an Original Sound from destroying good rock!
    Nickelback isn't that bad. I can agree with you on Creed. Theory of a Deadman is pretty much Nickelback Jr.

Pearl Jam??? How on earth can you lump PJ in with those bands?
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    To me Creed and Nickelback sound pretty much the same.

I feel that the vote has been the most popular bad bands of the decade, that's more like it since there are thousands of worse bands out there and there are people who are obsessed with Creed, Limp Bizkit and so on, I mean these bands have actual fans unlike some other bands

Credits
    I think its my duty as a Canadian to enjoy Nickelback and Theory of a Deadman is ok, mostly cause the guy has that cool deep voice. And I hate Creed only because their songs alwas bring back all my depressing memories (deaths so on) its wierd. I would be a horrible critic.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    you mean, My Own Prison? I was reading "Red Dragon" when I heard it and I thought I was gonna break down and cry

Credits
    Yes, on one hand the guy from Theory has a deep voice. On the other, he looks like a friggin serial killer.