Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Mixed Drinks for Movie Marathon

I'm hosting this month's movie marathon (my buddies and I have a monthly thing going, we used to have a theme, but now it's just random, I think this month we'll be watching all of Oprah's films, oddly enough). Wondering if anyone has any good ideas for mixed drinks to serve at such a thing? I got some ideas off of www.thebar.com but I'm not a big drinker so I don't really know what's appropriate.

Credits
    ouch. an oprah winfrey marathon...?? you had better hope the drinks are strong. (just kidding). i have a very small selection of mixed drinks that i consume on a regular basis...Captain Morgan and Coke. For me, that goes with everything i want to watch. Their new stuff, Tattoo is awesome as well as their Special Stock.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I was thinking the same thing but with the tv show "Scrubs". Everytime theres a fantasy flashback, have a shot. I think by only 1 episode I will be wasted.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Heh, I don't do shots anymore. I think it was after I found thebar.com and realized I could have all those fancy frozen drinks that I've seen at high end bars. We're watching Native Son, The Color Purple, and Beloved, so I'm thinking of going for a Southern drinks theme or something, doing mint juleps and bourbon drinks and stuff. None of us are huge drinkers, but it's an excuse to do something fancy. Speaking of fancy, check this out, www.thebar.com calls it a Yucatan Style Sangrita... I'm itchin' to try it:

Ingredients
    • 1.5 oz. Don Julio Añejo Tequila
    • 1 28 oz. can of tomatoes
    • 1 cup orange juice
    • .03 cup lime juice
    • 1 slice white onion
    • 1 seeded green chile
    • 1 tsp. sugar
    • .25 tsp. hot pepper sauce
    • 1 wedge lime
    ................................................................................
    Preparation
    • Add tomatoes, orange juice, lime juice, white onion, green chile, sugar, and hot pepper sauce in a blender
    • Blend until smooth and pour enough to fill a tequila shot glass
    • Add Don Julio Añejo Tequila to another tequila shot glass
    • Garnish with lime wedge