Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Matrix dissed by Oscar

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=3191
    Joel Silver assistants beware of flying cell phones today cause neither THE MATRIX RELOADED or REVOLUTIONS were nominated. The films that beat out the MATRIX for nominations were THE HULK, RETURN OF THE KING, MASTER AND COMMANDER, PETER PAN, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, TERMINATOR 3 and X2. Strangely enough, THE HULK's visual effects work was widely believed to be one of the reasons the film did so poorly as bad word of mouth on the look of The Hulk spread. THE HULK and PETER PAN were surprises but perhaps the biggest surprise was the aforementioned exclusion of REVOLUTIONS (the one film out of the two Warner Bros submitted for consideration).
    This is certainly crap. The Oscar is leaning forward to pleasing audiences than actually recognizing technical achievment.

X-2? heh...

Credits
    so why would matrix 2 + 3 deserve a nomination? the effects didn't look that great. as for hulk i had a feeling the film would be in the run but i don't think he gets nominated.
    my clear fav is rotk followed by pirates.

Credits
    LOL Matrix 2 and 3 have awful effects, they IMO looked to obvious and too pretentious

those movie have to be the most pretentious i have ever seen in a long time, its marketing, hype and just the name made it look like the GOD of movies... too bad its not..

i think the reason Hulk did not do good was that it was sold the wrong way.

i am really impressed by the effects of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, its so seamless
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Agreed. Hulk didn't fail because of the cgi work... it failed because people wanted a brainless "me-hulk", "me-smash" action movie.

When they got a drama instead, they fled the theatres.

Credits
    I actually enjoyed Hulk because it was different to most mainstream cinema. Matrix doesn't deserve to win CG Oscar. It showed the worst of CGI - when it is used tell the story, rather than aid it. ROTK and POTC should win.

Credits
    actually I am not surprised that the HULK was nominated. Even a lot of people weren't impressed or just didn't like it, I saw that the Hulk in full form had more life than the live action character.

Revolutions had some mind blowing effects but it wasn't as ground breaking. Burly Brawl was a awsome spectical but it wasn't life like. The first Matrix had only used cgi for bullets and the squid things, but never for the fight scenes. Thats what was impressive but when they started replacing the actors with cgi, I felt that I was cheated some what.

It became a overly elaborate Blade 2 fight scene, but nothing that we haven't seen before.

Yes Hulk definatley was promoted in a wrong fashion. But trailers or no trailers, was it a good movie or not? Thats people's pure opinion.

Pirates of the Carribean had some very good effects but I was more impressed by the fact that they didn't show you how well they would look until you went and saw the movie on the big screen. The fight scene at the end was some of best live to cg action I have seen done in a long time and the transition between the 2 was just a simple composite factor.

I can't comment for ROTK yet because I haven't seen it. BUt I keep for getting that Golum(sorry if that was spelt wrong) was a total cgi character on its own. In all honesty thats the best cgi and you totally forget that he isn't real when you watch him after 2 to 3 minutes.

Credits
    i gota admit...matrix 2 and 3 did use alot of CGI for the fighting scenes, but i guess thats why da fight in da merovingians palace was most astounding for me.... Hulk was just brilliant...i loved the CGI in that..to that max!! if only i had a really massive plasma screen to watch that dvd on...to watch it the way it deserves..... i hated terminator 3 and everything to do wid it...including the cgi

Credits
    you don't think the Matrix deserved the nominations for COSTUME DESIGN hehehe -->leather forever

Credits
    How is The Hulk in the running? I really was not impressed with the CGI work on that movie, not one bit. In my opinion the effects in The Matrix films looked a lot better and more realistic than that. And if it was supposed to look more animated... that's an easy way out.
    I'm right with them on Return Of The King (the one I think should and will win), Pirates Of The Caribbean, X2, and T3 (third place to me, after ROTK and The Matrix films). Can't say much about the others since I haven't seen them... (no desire to see Master & Commander, and Peter Pan isn't out yet, although I plan on seeing it).
    Last edited by Shrubz; 12-24-2003 at 05:50 AM.

Credits
    The Hulk had impressive CGI because it tok another step forward. The way in which the Hulk reacted to the atmosphere, the sweat that rolled off it, the way water would move around it ect... was very impressive, wheras with The Matrix Reloaded everyone looked like barbie/ken dolls. They didn't even have wrinkles in the skin, just plastic features and 0 animation beyond the most wooden of movements on the arms and legs. The CGI walking tank things in Revolutions was excellent, but, not enough to justify Matrix victory against genuinely good CGI throughout. As others have said, ROTK should take an easy victory, unless the acedmy forgets that Golum was CGI.

Credits
    Hulk had awesome CG for the most part. There were a couple shots that looked fake, but for the most part he was awesome.

RotK - They 100% fooled me with using the CG Gollum in the beginning as Andy Serkis slowly transformed... one of the shots looked like makeup until I caught just a glimmer of CG-ness in it. Hands down, this'll win. Weta still can't composite worth crap but their animation and modeling are the best in the world by far.

Master & Commander, Peter Pan... I haven't seen either yet, so it's hard to say.

Pirates... Everything RotK had in modeling, ILM had in compositing... the final fight looks freakin' awesome... It'll probably come down between these two.

T3 was good all around, but nothing spectacular.

X2 did some cool stuff with Nightcrawler.

Revolutions probably deserved a nod for the Dock battle... but it would've lost anyway, so what does it matter?
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Is it important who will be nominated... ROTK will beat everything in this oscars...believe me.
    Matrix 2 &3 wuz a enjoyable movie but the only thing that has to get an oscar in matrix is Hugo Weaving aka Agent smith

Credits
    Matrix 2 and 3 suck... there were scenes that resembled Playstation 2 graphics..

Hulk sucked... acting by Nolte was terrible.

Credits
    Notle saved Hulk! Well, until he went crazy in the last scene he was in.

Credits
    I didnt understand the ending of the hulk. What happened to Nolte at the end? And I believe Mr. Weaving should be nominated, his character was the best in the series. And glad to see almost everyone dissapproved of the effects in Matrix 2/3. The ending of 3 was just.... unspeakable.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast