Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Big Fish

Credits

Big Fish

Is anyone as excited as I am about this Tim Burton movie? I believe it could end up being one of the best two or three movies of the entire year. Since this is a trailer site, does the trailer get you excited for this movie? I can hardly contain my excitement for this movie for one huge reason: Tim Burton. I believe that he is one of the great storytellers of our time. What do you think?

Credits
    (resurecting this thread rather than starting a new one)

Number one reason Big Fish interests me is because it seems like a perfect movie for Tim Burton's imagination. THe story has the emotion and drama of a father/son story, but has the fantastical tall tales to let Burton unleash his creativity.

Reviews have said this is Burton's best (I loved Ed Wood and Edward Scissorhands, so that would be saying something). Rolling Stone review is a good one.

ANyway, anyone seen/planning to see this when it opens (limited)

Credits
    I can't wait to see this movie. The book was pretty well written, and I can't wait to see how Tim Burton will transfer it from the book, it will definitley be interesting. The casting for this movie is great as well. Ewon Mcgregor does make a great Edward Bloom. This will definitley be one of the better films this year.
    "We are men of action, lies do not become us."

Link to my top 20 movies

Credits
    I'm excited to see Albert Finney, especially after reading some reviews that say he gives a great performance.

I think one fo the things that interests me about the film is the number of really cool cameos - Steve Buscemi, Danny DeVito, Helen Botham-Carter. Steve is IMO, the most underrated talent in Hollywood, and DeVito as a circus man should be great!

I'm also glad ot see Crudup again, really liked him in Almost Famous.

Credits
    It looks good as long as the story will agree with the editing, very often movies containing either multiple storylines or many consecutive stories lose the continuancy of the movie after the first hour

Credits
    Meh... it's a Tim Burton movie. that is good.

It also has Ewan McGregor. That's great.

I'll be planting for it... what's the release date?
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    The film went limited in NY and LA on Wednesday and will go to additional select cities on 12/25 and finally wide on 1/9.

Should help the film build come good word of mouth buzz

Credits
    I think this movie looks really good, and I am very excited to see it

Credits
    The movie expanded last weekend and finished #1 in the Box Office (based on early estimates). They did a good job of releasing the film limited first, and building some buzz.

I loved it - one of the best films I have seen in a long time. I compare it to Shawshank Redemption - in the way it does a great job of telling smaller stories in the process of telling a larger arching story. Obviously a little wierder, but in a good way - Burton does a great job of blending great storytelling with imaginative and creative sets and cinematography.

The Elfman score is on the money too.

I'm sure this movie will only get even better with multiple viewings, a great, nuanced film.

4.5/5

Credits
    I saw it, and it struck me as do most Tim Burton movies: lots of eye candy, a few brilliant movies, good acting, but something about them just doesn't resonate with me. I liked parts of it but as a whole I didn't feel I could connect with any of the characters.

3/5

Credits
    I was very fortunate to have one of the 125 theatres that it was released in only five minutes away from my home. I saw it and I thought it was a fantastic movie. I love how everything comes together and makes sense at the end when the fictional characters turned out to be ordinary people.
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    OMG, so he did actually start one movie related thread in all this time. Anyway I'm with Blugh on this one 3/5.

The fantasy scenes were amazing, they were visually stunning, funny and the cast couldn't be more perfect. Sadly Tim Burton is the wrong director for serious, normal everyday stuff. The constant interuptions of the sons story lacked the emotinal resonance essential for a story, and they tried too hard to make both aspects of the story. Because of that the fantasy sequences went to the same place as Edward's ramblings, nowhere. The extended ending to tie up both plot branches was pointless and irritating, and did they really need to keep slapping you in the face with the metaphore between Edward and the Big catfish?

full review http://www.epinions.com/content_128313429636