Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Cabin Fever

Credits

Cabin Fever

"PAAAAAANCAKES, PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCAKES,"

Breaks out into Matrix style slowmotion kung fu poses.

Saw this last night and I have to wonder whether they were making a crap film for the sake of making fun of regular cinema goers, or whether they genuinely were that dumb.

Sick guy begging for water or a hospital, so they slam the door in his face. He decides to take car to hospital so they decide to try and beat him to death with a crow bar. Excuse me but are we supposed to be routing for these guys or what.

After that incident town cop shows up and on seeing car literally full of blood, having a virtual stream make it's way from the car, he takes one look and says "Duude you had a parrrrty!" Damn if that's what the cops are like in America then it's worse than I thought.

Besides that "Joke" that was used at the begginning/end involving the rifle, damn if I didn't want to shoot someone for that one. :big grin:

Sorry but, damn, was I expecting something much better, reviews mostly said it was a Wrong Turn style of solid horror flick, flesh eating virus is a damn scary prospect, but this film was no good except for the fact that it's the funniest film I've seen in years.

Credits
    yah it wuz extremely weird! And no cops aren't like that here in the U.S. LOL! It would be awesome though.

That cop wuz stoned...

And if you see a guy covered in blood and acting revolting. Would ya let him in your house?????

But I do agree with ya on this movie. Very very very weird movie...
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    dunno.... movie is stupidly hilarious.....lol

certainly better than HOUSE OF THE DEAD
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar

And if you see a guy covered in blood and acting revolting. Would ya let him in your house?????
    Well no, but then I would let him jhave the car after he'd infected it, he needed it more and a hospital could help him. Plus when going into the girls room I'd notice the blood filled sink and blood spattered walls before I decided to finger the wrong hole without permission.

Credits
    Originally posted by trailergod
    dunno.... movie is stupidly hilarious.....lol

certainly better than HOUSE OF THE DEAD
    I dunno, at least the shameless nudity in HOTD wasn't as shameless as "we're about to die, lets screw"

Credits
    i was a bit dissapointed in it.. it was just so stupid! and didnt really go anywhere...

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    I was expecting them to go Zombie when they got infected... but noooo... they just got sick and died... NOT SCARY

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    the dog did scared the crap outta me..

Credits
    The extras were the best.....ROTTEN FRUIT RULE!!!!
    Gypsy

Credits
    It was exactly what I expected.
    Stupid, gory, and crap.
    Just like 90% of the horror/slasher movies nowadays.

When are they going to make a genuinely scary movie?
    Maybe we just don't scare as easily anymore with the world we live in.

Credits
    Originally posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    What about Signs? That movie scared the crap outta me!!

Credits
    Originally posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    If film studios ditches the pre-concept that horror/slasher movies are only good for quick cashing-ins from big kids and teens, then we may have a chance.

It's hard these days, you may get a jump or two in a horror thriller (I know I did when I saw 'What Lies Beneath'. Literally). But well and truly scary ones? Look for them among in the Asian titles.

With slasher movies, it's even harder. Usually it starts off with way too many characters you'll be indifferent with. So the movie is rather a display of fancy ways of hecking cardboard characters one-by-one. And there's only so much amount of blood and gore you can squeeze out of a person.

Spending more time and efforts on character developments, then kill them off unexpectedly may work. But then, Hitchcock's done it 40 years ago.
    Last edited by editman; 03-25-2004 at 01:38 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List