Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

anyone broken a bone before?

10:41pm: started typing

i broke my right arm a couple of days ago. friday morning, that is. it's emarrassing. i slipped in the shower and landed my whole body weight on my arm straightfowardly. felt a huge snap in my elbow. my elbow went in the opposite direction. i next curled up on the floor in excruiating (sp?) pain. i went to the e.r. had an xray... wuz told that i broke my wrist and elbow. i have two different slings... one for my wrist and one for my elbow.

i am taking loads of painkillers... nice way to be knocked out. i will never go to a baseball game again with a broken bone!!!

i wanted to share this (like always)... and wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else here.

I am doing good now... not healed yet... and still hurting. but i am enjoying time away from physics!! :big grin:

see how long it takes me to type with one hand (no interruptions)---> 10:54pm
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I've only broken two toes on each foot (the ones next to the big toe). I did that when I ran to the front door a few years ago after someone rang the door bell. I never put them in a cast (or anything similar) and now they are double jointed.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Never (totally) broke anything, but I fractured my arm falling off a scooter (skateboard -- with handles) when I was like 13.

(thats about as pathetic as it can get)

Credits
    I'm in the boat as JPB. Haven't broken anything. Almost had my spin snapped in 2 while playing on a Flying Fox 10 or so years ago. I guess i'm unbreakable.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    08:52 typing with left hand out of sympathy

Never broken, fractured or sprained anything.
    I'm so boring. 08:54

Credits
    Same as Carl. And I agree with him. I'm typing left handed too, but that's how I type anyway.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Talking

left wrist once. girl who was in love with that time (long long ago) pulled me & so I fell on ice. ahhh, everything for , hehehe...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    nope, never broke anything

get well soon!
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    I haven't broken anything (knock on wood). My sister once broke her foot falling off a bicycle the first week of summer. She spent nearly the entire summer in a cast. She was not happy.

My dad told me the story of when he was a kid he was playing baseball and broke his wrist. His parents weren't home, but they were expected home shortly so he went and laid down on the couch and waited for them. His brother walked up, gingerly took the broken arm in his hand, then shook it violently. "Oh, it's not broken," his brother said. Dad said if the pain hadn't imobolized him he would have killed his brother.

Then there was the time in bandcamp.... sorry, wrong story. When we were moving out of our apartment and into our house, we were carrying some stuff out to the dumpster at the apartment and my wife tripped over the curb (she thought she was on the sidewalk, but the sidewalk did an "L" thing and she didn't know it). She didn't break a bone, but she caused some "soft tissue damage". That was back in December. She is still sore from it.
    Last edited by corfy; 04-12-2004 at 10:17 AM.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    You guys are boring!

Sorry about your wrist and elbow Radstar. That had to hurt like crazy!

I've broken my back, broken my foot ... numerous toes and fingers. Guess that comes with living as long as I have!

I broke my back when trying to lift a piano into a pickup truck. No lie! I never said I was smart. The stupid doctor told me I had sprained it ... went back 2 weeks later - worse .. still told me the same thing. Two weeks later I finally went to a different doctor. He x-rayed it and told me it was broken. Too late ... healed badly. Constant pain ... but I can walk and sit ... so I can work on the computer ! Yeah!

My foot hurt worse, believe it or not. Thought I was at the bottom of the stairs, and stepped out too far ... missed the bottom step. It still hurts when it rains or gets too cold ... 30 years later.

Take it easy and do what the doctor tells you. You'll hate the cast before it comes off, but you WILL live through this!

Credits
    Brok my collarbone when i was 6 and broke my left arm, both bones, when i was 12
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Get well Radstar!!

Credits
    Awww... you poor thing... athough I can't think of any other sexier way of breaking some bones, Stephie. You must be 'so sexy it hurts'...

(Sorry, shouldn't have made fun out of others' miseries. Get well soon. )

As for myself, count me in as the 'never-break-a-bone' club. My no-good punk brother did break his arm, though, when he was a baby. Fell down from the desk thingy besides the bed after he climbed on it to play with the light switch. He also had the experience of swallowing a fishbone, resulting a visit to the hospital. He was accident-prone when he's a baby, I tell you. Unlike his brother... who's too dull and shy to cause any accident...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Thanks guys..

i'm better today. no painkillers for me today cuz of frickin school! my left hand has the handwriting of jedi master's baby.

PAIN SUCKS!!

walking tall rocks!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by radstar
    my left hand has the handwriting of jedi master's baby.
    hehehe she's only 4 1/2 month old so i understand that it's suck readly bad

Took a picture to make you feel good
    Last edited by Jedi Master; 12-08-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast