Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Credits

Official HSX thread

All you HSX.com players out there... let us know your username so we can add you to the Movie-List "League"

And let us know what you're buying or selling.

All tips welcome.

my username is jpbazinet

Credits
    Good LONG TERM buy: The Argonauts currently trading at $5.35
    Directed by Stephen Sommers (The Mummy and upcoming Van Helsing)

Credits
    SHORT (Overpriced) in my opinion OR SELL: 50 First Dates currently trading at $90.44
    Last edited by Jean-Pierre Bazinet; 02-05-2004 at 01:06 PM.

Credits
    Decent Buy - Man On Fire currently underpriced at $37.10 (lowest price of the month).

With Denzel starring and Tony Scott directing, this action/drama is sure to make a good $60 million + it's first month.

Credits
    ahh that reminds me.. i have some hsx dollars to spend will start spending tomorrow when i am properly awake

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    just registered, username:
    streetpreacher
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    EricDaCleric
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    blugh just bought Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller, Snoop Dogg, Alfred Molina, Aeon Flux, Christopher Walken, and a little Barbershop 2 on the side.

My biggest tip: If you've got you got served, sell it while you can... my guess is it bombs this weekend.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Can someone briefly explain how this site works?
    Thanks

Credits
    username: Bopolis

Credits
    username: Gaumont
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Originally posted by Jake
    Can someone briefly explain how this site works?
    Thanks
    The Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) is a free site that tracks the hype of upcoming and newly released movies and allows you to experience the highs and lows of movie making.

Here's how it works.

Whenever a movie is rumored to be in the works HSX offers stock on its exchange. Consequently, you can buy stock in everything from the soon-to-be-released 50 First Dates to the who-knows-when-it-will-come-out Indiana Jones IV. Obviously, like any stock, its value is determined by its popularity (e.g., the immensely-popular Spider-Man 2 is selling at about $250/share while James Cameron's rumored animie "Battle Angel Alita" movie, is selling at about $10/share).

But just as a company's stock is ultimately based on the company's revenue, a movie's stock on HSX is ultimately based on the movie's actual ticket sales (its total sales 30 days after its release to be precise). Just like company stock, you can buy and sell a movie stock at any time.

Each dollar of movie stock represents $1 million dollars of ticket sales. So for example, you could today buy 10,000 shares Mission Impossible 3 stock at $60/share (its release date is set for May 6, 2005). By Christmas the stock you paid $600,000 might be valued at $125/share bringing your stock value up to $1,250,000! Now at that point you may decide that the shares are way over valued and that there is no way MI:3 will make $125 million in its first 30 days and sell your stock, giving you a profit of $600,000! Or you may decide to keep the stock to the very end, confident that it will sell more tickets than the price reflects. If that is the case and you never sell the stock, HSX takes the total gross on June 5 (let's say $135 million) and cashes out your stocks at that value. With these numbers your stock would be valued at $1,350,000 when it was cashed out and you will have made $700,000! If, however, the movie tanked and only made $50 million in its first 30 days of release, your stock would lose value and it would be cashed out at $550,000 and you will have lost $100,000.

That may help you, Jake. Or that may be as clear as mud. Hopefully, you get the idea.

Credits
    helps a lot, thanks, gonna register soon,

how much money do you get when you sign up?

Credits
    2 Million, and it's nowhere near enough.

Credits
    You got a link to the site?
    That would help thanks.
    -Sharkman
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast