its seems llike a mixed bag

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ReignofFire-1114678/

review 1

review 2
Simply put, there are not enough dragons in this film. Practically all of the dragon scenes in the movie are shown in the trailers and commercials. The movie sets up the premise that the world has been devastated by these creatures and that they are swarming all over the planet by the millions killing humans. Yet there are really only 3 dragons that we see battles with in the film. You never get a sense of the epic scale of the situation. The part where they take over the world is glossed over in a 2 minute synopsis though it is probably one of the most exciting aspects of this story. It probably would have cost millions more to feature extra dragons, but it's what this film really needed.

There are also only 3 or 4 action sequences in the movie. The rest of the time is filled with rather slow character exposition. It ends up dragging the movie down and making audiences check their watches. I'm all for developing characters in action movies, but don't let it overpower the action.

I had some other minor gripes about details in the movie, but they aren't important. I don't think this film is going to be widely popular though I enjoyed it for the most part. You can probably expect it to settle in with a nice cult following after a short run in theaters. That's sad, too, because it means we probably won't see more dragons any time soon. Part of the blame can be directed towards Touchstone for their poor marketing of this film.

3 or 4 action sequences in the movie????

good enough for me :butt: :butt: