Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Classics #17

Credits

Classics #17

<A HREF="/b/beverlyhillscop.shtml">

</A>

http://www.movie-list.com/b/beverlyhillscop.shtml

Credits
    thanks for this one, but i already have the DVD...

still a great action/comedy movie fom Jerry Bruckheimer and the one and only Eddie Murphy :big grin:

btw
    why does he have pink teeth....
    i think something went wrong with the encoding.... or maybe source was bad..

and did anymody notice also that these trailers

The Fifth Elment
    Abyss,
    Men In Black
    X-Files

are little too dark.....,

the best Classic Trailer so far was the Se7en trailer, great quality and size
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Not sure if it was the source, or if it's just the compression of the photo.
    [edit] Checked it out... it's the source.
    And the darkness seems to be since the upgrade to Quicktime 6. Don't know why, but maybe Guiboche or Mark have an idea...?
    Last edited by Jean-Pierre Bazinet; 07-18-2002 at 06:47 AM.

Credits
    I've noticed that too with Mark's trailers. Perhaps we are all just too used to Cystral Apple trailers
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Yeah Tisoy I've told you all those older trailers are before I started adjusting the picture at all... and this one is an older movie so the source wasn't as good. I've noticed that since I've upgraded to 6, it seems to automatically brighten the video. Geez you guys want older trailers and then you complain about the picture quality... of course it's not going to be as good as your "crystal" apple trailers, this movie is 18 years old! The source for this was actually very dark and soft and I even brightened it.
    Last edited by Shrubz; 07-18-2002 at 08:47 AM.

Credits
    I don’t think people are complaining about picture quality. They are merely expressing their concerns and opinions. I think it’s great that people are telling us if the trailers have been encoded well or not. This way if there is a problem with the encoding we won’t make the same mistake next time.

I personally don’t know how good the source for Beverly Hills Cop is, but the trailer certainly looked over contrasted, because the whites are completely washed out, and Eddie Murphy’s teeth are truly pink.

Anyhow, if anyone has a problem with Guiboche’s trailers please tell me. I don’t mind a little constructive criticism, and it’s important to me that people are satisfied with the quality.

Thanks for your time.

Guiboche

Credits
    Originally posted by Guiboche
    I don’t think people are complaining about picture quality. They are merely expressing their concerns and opinions. I think it’s great that people are telling us if the trailers have been encoded well or not. This way if there is a problem with the encoding we won’t make the same mistake next time.

I personally don’t know how good the source for Beverly Hills Cop is, but the trailer certainly looked over contrasted, because the whites are completely washed out, and Eddie Murphy’s teeth are truly pink.

Anyhow, if anyone has a problem with Guiboche’s trailers please tell me. I don’t mind a little constructive criticism, and it’s important to me that people are satisfied with the quality.

Thanks for your time.

Guiboche

Well spoken, mate. Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Credits
    And his teeth are truly pink in the VOB source. And, if I brightened it, the blacks looked too smoky and you could see more video artifacts... my only option was to raise the contrast.

Credits
    You could've also done a black restoration. This would make the blacks truly black without screwing up the contrast.

Guiboche

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy

btw
    why does he have pink teeth....
    i think something went wrong with the encoding.... or maybe source was bad..

he probably just had a cherry popsicle or something like that.... :big grin: :big grin:
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar

he probably just had a cherry popsicle or something like that.... :big grin: :big grin:
    Best answer so far!