Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Moore Credits Jesus with F9/11's Success!

Get this. In a nationally broadcasted townhall meeting with moveon.org Moore said the following:
    Our per screen average was higher than the Passion of the Christ. Which, I believe, that Jesus had something to do with that. I've been feeling for months that He's been very upset at that movie. So I think that this was His own little payback this weekend.
    :big grin: How does Jesus have something to do with his ticket sales? :big grin:

He's inferring that Jesus made people go to the movie that otherwise wouldn't have (if he didn't, why would Jesus have anything to do with F9/11's success?).

So does that mean that the devil made all those people see the Passion?
    If Jesus really wanted his movie to be successful, why didn't He help Moore get it in more theaters?

If you'd like to hear the whole meeting go here. The quote that I'm referring to begins at 10:50.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    I have not heard the entire conversation., but I believe Moore is referring to Jesus being angry at the Passion of the Christ movie.

Which, I believe, that Jesus had something to do with that. I've been feeling for months that He's been very upset at that movie.
    "That movie" being Passion of the Christ.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by mist1024
    I have not heard the entire conversation., but I believe Moore is referring to Jesus being angry at the Passion of the Christ movie.

"That movie" being Passion of the Christ.
    Of course. Apparently, Jesus hated the Passion but liked F9/11. According to Michael Moore you can tell which movies Jesus likes and which ones he hates by looking at the per theater average.

I wish I knew what Jesus thinks of Shrek 2. Oh, I found it!! According to this chart, Jesus liked Shrek 2 more than Matrix 2, but less than the Passion. And Spider-Man is Jesus' all-time favorite movie ($31,768/theater average). I wonder what Jesus thinks of the sequel...hmmm...

Boy, a lot of people have told me that at least Michael Moore raises good questions. I guess they're right. Moore has given me a lot to think about...I wonder if Jesus has seen Spider-Man 2 yet...hmmm

Credits
    It doesn't appear that he believes it seriously. It sounds like he was just being satirical about it, a jab at the "Passion of the Christ" and its percieved championship by conservatives.

Credits

I think moore should take time off!!!!!

If moore is suggesting that only conservative's like the passion of christ, then my respect for moore is fading fast. He's a great film maker, a little one sided, but does his job well to strike anger on both sides. But moore saying that God hated the pasion of the christ is a joke. The passion did well in my opinion because christians went to see it because they wanted to show christianity is not dead. People are going to see 9/11, because they wanted to show that bush's reign is dead. I gues god is a demograt.