Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Gaumonts Back

Credits

Thumbs up Gaumonts Back

Well im sure u all have missed me terribly, or not even noticed that I was gone.

Anyhow, now im back after a week holliday. Went to Prag by buss, stopped in Berlin for an evening + night on the way down, so we wouldn't have to sleep on the buss. Then We were in Prag for 4 days and then we drove back, stopping in Dresden for a day and night on the way up. Will post some pictures and stuff later =)

Edit:
    A short visit to Lidice resulted in this history lession.
    Last edited by Gaumont; 07-10-2004 at 12:01 PM.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits

Credits
    Welcome Back!

Credits
    Planning a trip to Europe so I gotta ask you a few questions.

Where in Sweden do you live? Does Denamrk have that bridge I heard so much about built or would I still have to take the ferry like a few years ago? How long does it take to get from Stockholm to Dresden?

Thanks

Credits
    Well i just posted one of the parts of my trip. The short visit to Lidice. Found on PBase.

Not any pics of me but rather a short history lession about Lidice tragic fate.

@ Jake.

I live in Malmö (Malmoe). The bridge goes from Malmö to Copenhagan. Well the bridge goes from Malmö to a small island called Pepparholmen, and from there its a tunnel to Copenhagan.

Well the Stockholm-Dresten time im not sure about. I live about 600km from Stockholm. So thats about 6-7 hours by car. Then to Dresden by car from here should be about 12 hours, including a 2 1/2 hours ferry ride between Gedser and Rostock (shortcut denmark-germany, so u dont have to drive the long way around). Look and u'll see
    Or if u go by plane, i got NO clue how long it takes.

Credits
    Thanks, I'm planning on flying to my family in Munich (Munchen) and either taking the train or driving to Sweden to buy these great strawberries outside of Stockholm, I bought them 6 years ago I hope the place is still there.

On a side note, is Malmo by any chance home of the hockey team MoDo? Do you know what city that team plays in?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    Thanks, I'm planning on flying to my family in Munich (Munchen) and either taking the train or driving to Sweden to buy these great strawberries outside of Stockholm, I bought them 6 years ago I hope the place is still there.

On a side note, is Malmo by any chance home of the hockey team MoDo? Do you know what city that team plays in?

U can get great strawberries all over sweden =)

MoDo is based in Örnsköldsviks i think. Here is MoDos site.
    Malmö is home to MIF Redhawks.

Credits
    ahh, I know about the strawberries, I mean hell I'm gonna go to a different continent for these damn strawberries.

Thanks for the MoDo info, I might check it out and see Peter Forsberg play there.

Credits
    Tommy Salos is going to play for them next season. Best goalkeeper in the world '97 & '99.

Credits
    HAA! no, no, no, you can't tell me that, I'm a die hard Patrick Roy fan, and for second place I'll pick Dominik Hasek

My whole interest in MoDo came about when I read that it's the team that all Swedish legends play for when they retire.