Thanks Thanks:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Venom Series Exclusives

Best Buy Exclusive, Street Date January 8, 2019

Best Buy CA 4K // Best Buy US 4K // Best Buy US 2K Combo
    Last edited by jacques1400; 09-29-2019 at 03:01 AM.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Hopefully since Best Buy Canada carried Deadpool 2 and Spiderman: Homecoming I really hope they carry this movie also.

Credits
    Bestbuy Canada https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product.../m2229023.aspx $42.99 but get that cart error.

Edit: Works now
    Last edited by leprekon; 10-27-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Credits
    Thank you for the heads up leprekon on the online preorder for this steelbook. I almost missed out on this and if it is anything like the way things went with the Deadpool 1 and/or 2 Steelbooks it may sell out online very quickly.

Credits
    I was really not a fan of this movie when I saw it in the theater however, I have to admit I do like the cover art for the steelbook. I'm on the fence with this one...lol

Credits
    So this is Dec 18 worldwide except Canada lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
    So this is Dec 18 worldwide except Canada lol
    That really make no sense; why does everybody get their Venom SteelBook on 12/18/2018 and Best Buy Canada get theirs on 01-08-2019.

Credits

It's not unusual for Canadian releases to be a week later than the US Street Date.
    Reasons vary, but packaging and language are among them, having a single major wholesaler and distributor (Entertainment One - eOne) is probably also a factor.

For those who will say "It's more than a week after the US" one must take into consideration that movie releases are normally on Tuesdays, which happens to fall on Christmas Day & New Years day, making January 8Th the first available non-holiday "Tuesday".

Credits
    I had this pre-ordered but after watching the digital release as awesome as the box art is I just couldn't justify purchasing this... It was that bad of a movie IMO... such a disaster... crappy script... terrible storyline and dialogue... bad acting...

I cancelled the pre-order so someone else could grab it if they wanted...

Credits

All movies are subjective, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others, nothing wrong with that.
    I really didn't care for Black Panther that much personally, couldn't figure out what the hype was all about, but Hey!!!

As a collector, my purchase is based on the packaging rather than the content, so bad or good, I'll still watch it since I'm buying it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Whispers View Post
    I had this pre-ordered but after watching the digital release as awesome as the box art is I just couldn't justify purchasing this... It was that bad of a movie IMO... such a disaster... crappy script... terrible storyline and dialogue... bad acting...

I cancelled the pre-order so someone else could grab it if they wanted...
    I wish I had did that with the steelbook for The Predator (2018); unfortunately I had placed two orders on at the same time and since I received one of the steelbooks customer service said it was to late to cancel the other title. I guess I will be going in to return it in person; I guess I had better watch out for The Retail Equation; even though I have not returned anything in over a year now.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

All movies are subjective, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others, nothing wrong with that.
    I really didn't care for Black Panther that much personally, couldn't figure out what the hype was all about, but Hey!!!

As a collector, my purchase is based on the packaging rather than the content, so bad or good, I'll still watch it since I'm buying it.

How true all movies are subjective, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others. When I first started I purchased all steelbook regardless of the packaging and no matter if the content was bad or good; now as a collector, my purchase is based on if it is from Disney movies (Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars and various movies), Marvel movies not from Disney, DC Extended Movie Universe and then finally if it is a movie I will re watch.

As for Black Panther I believe what the hype was all about, this being the first "Black" superhero movie in so much as the vast majority of the cast are black Americans. While it is by no means the first black superhero show but this one is the first A-list full budget spectacle. It's a big deal to a lot of black people and a character that a lot of comic book people have been begging to get the full treatment for. It also looks amazingly well done and that is kinda a relief as it could have been amazingly bad plus it is also Disney and hype is what they do.
    Last edited by Cull Obsidian; 12-19-2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Correction

Credits
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rth7k4e.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	22117

I thought this was genius (as the conversation moved to Black Panther)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Whispers View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rth7k4e.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	22117

I thought this was genius (as the conversation moved to Black Panther)
    OMG Scotty_Whispers!!! I just love it "TolkenWhite Guys" and thanks because I totally forgot that Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins and Andy Serkis as Gollum were in the movie the The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey together.

Credits

Amazon also has an exclusive, not a SteelBook but it's a pretty neat looking set.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07KM37FK7/

Last edited by jacques1400; 09-29-2019 at 02:57 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast