Thanks Thanks:  24
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Credits

What´s that movie called - Categorical imperative (Kant in Steven Seagal movie?)

Hi..

I was just reading about the categorical imperative by Immanuel Kant (people as ends, never as means). I think I actually once heard some wisdom in a Steven Seagal movie?!

Something like.. In the desert a bomb is going to go off. You have a car with room for two. There is an old person, a young person, and the love of your life.. Who will you save? Answer: Stay with your love to see the sun go down (die), and let the two others drive away to safety.

But I cannot recall what movie it was.. and even if it really was a Steven Seagal movie?

Credits

What is this movie called.

Hey so i was wondering what this movie is called.

Basicly a boy at school gives a piece of peper to this girl but it flys away into a building.
    Where a man gives him a ring and this dragon thing then this guy gets out of this pot and stuff happens
    At the end they are fighting this girl that came out of the pot in the middle of a park.

any ideas?

Credits

Help! I'm Looking For A Horror Movie Title

Hello all, I'm looking for the name of a 1980s horror/zombie flick, it's general plot is of two brothers that get forced off the road by a bunch of rednecks, so they go into the nearest town to get help and gas and soon realize strange things happening. Basically there is something in the water supply that is causing everyone to turn into zombies/creatures and it's left up to the strangers in town to save the day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

j7wild Guest
    Redneck Zombies (1989)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093833/

Credits
    No, it's not that one, thanks anyway.

Credits
    Might be a movie Linda Blair was in.

Credits

What's that movie called?

Can anyone help me?
    I'm looking for the name of a movie I saw years ago. I remember there was a murder (under a street light I think) and someone saw it and named the killer. However, when it went to court the defense lawyer showed that the eye-witness could not have seen who the killer was because he had poor vision, he proved this by dimming the lights in court and holding up a book at the back of the court, he the asked the witness to say what he was holding. When the witness could not say what the lawyer was holding the case was dropped and the suspected killer walked. I'm sure the suspect was the real killer and the lawyer made a mistake by getting him off.
    If anyone can help please let me know what it is. I have been trying to think of it for days and its driving me mad. I have used Google and other searches but I can't find an answer.

P.S I am sure it was made in the 80's or 90's

j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ltc73 View Post
    Can anyone help me?
    I'm looking for the name of a movie I saw years ago. I remember there was a murder (under a street light I think) and someone saw it and named the killer. However, when it went to court the defense lawyer showed that the eye-witness could not have seen who the killer was because he had poor vision, he proved this by dimming the lights in court and holding up a book at the back of the court, he the asked the witness to say what he was holding. When the witness could not say what the lawyer was holding the case was dropped and the suspected killer walked. I'm sure the suspect was the real killer and the lawyer made a mistake by getting him off.
    If anyone can help please let me know what it is. I have been trying to think of it for days and its driving me mad. I have used Google and other searches but I can't find an answer.

P.S I am sure it was made in the 80's or 90's
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bedroom_Window

There was an attack in the park that the girl (Huppert) saw from the bedroom window but she was having an affair with her husband's employee (Guttenberg) so instead he pretended to be the witness but he actually didn't see anything.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092627/

Quote Originally Posted by ltc73 View Post
    That's the one Feels like a weight off my mind thanks.
    He took the stand as a witness in place of his lover in the courtroom and the defense lawyer asked him he wore contacts and if he had them on when he saw the attack or did he hear the screaming outside, got out of bed and took time to put his contacts on first;

he said he didn't.

So the defense lawyer made him take his contacts off and look at the object (the book) he was holding up a few feet away.

He couldn't see that far without his contacts on to tell what the object was and his lover was sitting in the back of the courtroom making hand gestures in the form of a square trying to give him hints.

The girl that was attacked (Elizabeth McGovern) was also in the courtroom and she saw Guttenberg's lover doing the hand gestures and that's when she realized the truth about him and Huppert.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 10-25-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Credits
    That's the one Feels like a weight off my mind thanks.

Credits

What's that movie?

Hi, I hope someone can help me remember an older movie..
    There is a man who looks just like a criminal under investigation so agents recruit him to imitate/copy to trick his wife & business people.
    The criminal is very smart, trained & dangorus.
    Thanks for any help

Credits
    Could anyone please help me to find this movie. I watch this movie more than 10 years ago. In the movie, there is a man. I think he has an uncle or so. This man works on a task in each episode ( about 45- 60 minutes) for him I think. In each episode he met a beautiful lady, he work with her to complete that task and have a happy ending with her. I don't remember how many episode, but it has many of them. A long series movie

Credits
    Helllp!!! I thought Google would help with this one, but no joy yet. I believe I saw it on Netflix about 6 months ago. No huge name cast that I recognized. Great recent (late 20th - 21st century) Asian movie about a warrior who finds himself walking in an ethereal type of land, except the people there cannot see him. A girl in White confronts him, as he is in the land of the dead but does not belong there. The land comes under attack and he protects this woman. They do not remember each other, but it turns out they were lovers in life and he was betrayed by those close to him. I remember his killers chasing him thru the woods hurling chains out of their hands. Great film, wish I wrote it down. No one at work knows the film and they claim to be movie buffs.

Thanks!!!

Credits
    How about this one?

I saw this movie as a child, so it's likely it was made in the late 60s or early 70s. It may have been a made-for-TV movie.

The scene I remember involved two boys, maybe 8-12 years old, outside at night, maybe near a campfire. They perform this ceremony to become "blood brothers": they prick their fingers to get several drops of each of their blood in a spoon, then each add a hair to this blood, then heat the spoon with a match.

Thanks!

Credits

help me find this

i'm trying to find this movie - i'll copy and paste the following to every possible movie forum. hopefully someone knows what i'm talking about.
    it's incredibly bad and low budget, made by some director who consistently makes bizarre and terrible movies. the characters spend a lot of time playing beach volleyball. and at some point the female character rambles on about crabs, or some sort of std. maybe it's a romance??? sorry, that's all i can remember. i discovered this movie when some guy reviewed it (quite entertainingly) on youtube. i don't know if he just reviews bad movies or what. but i must find the video.

Credits

Please help me figure out the name of this foreign film!!!!

Ok, I remember watching this movie in the 90's. It starts with a sick old lady looking at her self in the mirror and saying something like, "today's a good day to die." It then cuts to her as a younger woman with her daughter. I remember she ends up catching one of her neighbors raping his mentally retarded daughter and then she stabs him and takes the mentally challenged daughter to live with her. The father leaves town after his wounds heal.

She also finds a big strong handicapped guy being abused, and he ends up leaving that family to live with her.

Her daughter also tells her she wants to get pregnant. So the mother arranges for her daughter to hook up with some guy with a motorcycle. They sleep together, and she ends up pregnant. She ends up having a girl with blonde hair, and I want to say her name was "Amy."

Anyway, I remember the daughter had a talent and was real good at painting, and her grand daughter was exceptionally smart. I know there's a part where the rapist father comes back to town; ends up raping Amy. The townspeople get together and drown the man in a well, founain, or something.

At the end, it cuts back to the old lady on her deathbed. It goes around the room to all her friends and family. Her daughter has become a lesbian, and it says she deals with her grief by painting a gourgeous painting. The granddaughter deals with her grief by writing a great story. The big disabled guy and the mentally handicapped girl end up a couple as well.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast