Thanks Thanks:  0
    Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits

Talking Avatar Blu-ray Sets First Day Sales Record

From Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment:

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment sold 1.5 million Blu-ray units of James Cameron's Avatar on Earth Day, the film's first day of home video release. The 1.5 million units is a new record, topping The Dark Knight's 600,000 Blu-ray units sold its first day in 2008.

The studio expects to sell well over 4 million combined Blu-ray and DVD units of the movie.

Retailers sold out of 60% of their Blu-ray inventory, while they moved out about 50% of their Avatar DVDs.

j7wild Guest
    tell me about it!!

we started selling them at 1 minute after midnight on Thursday morning.

we had people lined up around the building starting as early as 5 pm at one store on Wednesday afternoon.

we sold out our entire inventory of regular Avatar 3D at 2 of the 3 stores and only have a handful left at the third store.

then the 2 disc Blu Ray/DVD combo pack, we sold all of them except for 2.

All the rental copies are gone too!!

I put in a request last night for more inventory from the distributor; I don't know how long before we get a new shipment!!

This is Madness I tell you, Madness!!

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    What can I say?

Whoo-ah!

Credits
    Yeah,my store had a display set up at the front of the store Thursday morning. When I went in to work last night there was only 1 copy left. Thankfully there were more back in electronics dept.

If it sold this much now,what will the multi-disc with all the extras sell like in November. Stocking stuffers for Christmas.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    Yeah,my store had a display set up at the front of the store Thursday morning. When I went in to work last night there was only 1 copy left. Thankfully there were more back in electronics dept.

If it sold this much now,what will the multi-disc with all the extras sell like in November. Stocking stuffers for Christmas.
    my guess is that most people who bought one this week won't get the same movie again a few months later - i know i wouldn't.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I bought the DVD yesterday. I was the first client in the store

I will buy the Extended version too. I did the same thing with LOTR releases. I want to be the proud owner of both Theatrical (Director's Cut) and Extended editions Plus, I couldn't wait to see it one more time

Credits
    I will buy it but later. I want wait for Extended Version in theatre, then I'll buy Blu-Ray but this one from April, without any extras. I want pure brilliant picture and sound...

Credits
    I only just realised after watching the film why it didn't feel as high-quality as it should have.

This release is the full-screen version. Stretched to fit 16:9. D:

Credits
    It's 1.78:1 ratio, same as in IMAX.

Read more here

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by michalz00 View Post
    It's 1.78:1 ratio, same as in IMAX.

Read more here
    So is it just a bad copy or something then? Cause I swear there are certain scenes that are not as good quality as other Blu-Rays I have.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by odj_310388 View Post
    So is it just a bad copy or something then?
    Maybe it is. All reviews I read say the disc is reference quality