Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Petition?

Credits

Petition?

I have an idea...maybe its a long shot

A petition.

Petitions in the past have been known to cause changes (Star Trek was revived as a series and led to many series and a prequel series).

Maybe...*just* maybe, if a lot of people signed a petition to Immediate Music to offer to sell their collection, maybe they would in fact do that.

I know its a very long shot, but hey, can't hit a goal if you don't swing. We all would like to buy it, so I figure, lets all sign a petition stating that we will.

I'm not good as writing all professional-like, but this is just an idea....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBlade
    I have an idea...maybe its a long shot

A petition.

Petitions in the past have been known to cause changes (Star Trek was revived as a series and led to many series and a prequel series).

Maybe...*just* maybe, if a lot of people signed a petition to Immediate Music to offer to sell their collection, maybe they would in fact do that.

I know its a very long shot, but hey, can't hit a goal if you don't swing. We all would like to buy it, so I figure, lets all sign a petition stating that we will.

I'm not good as writing all professional-like, but this is just an idea....
    Star Trek was saved by a massive letter writing campaign. Petitions don't do anything unless it is an issue that resonates. Toxic dumping, greenhouse gasses, gun violence and such. Most officials would laugh at someone who started a petition to get Immediate Music to sell us their tunes. They would take one look at it and laugh.

Credits
    making it available to the general population would just bastardise their product.. it aint ever going to happen ...

i used to think like everyone else as well.. but now that i work in the industry i can see it from their point of view..

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    I don't think people simply promising to buy their music would work. For a big decision like this they would need pre-orders, and lots of 'em.

Credits

But how can you preorder when they don't want to even speak to you unless you're some big guy from a movie production company?

Credits
    Well i guess that's where a partitian may come in useful

Credits
    Paritions are as useless as toothbushs for ants
    If you read the Official site, they do state that they will be selling the music sometime in the near future. Just not yet.
    Music as popular as theirs, oh i'm sure they will sell.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak
    If you read the Official site, they do state that they will be selling the music sometime in the near future. Just not yet.
    Music as popular as theirs, oh i'm sure they will sell.
    What page does it say that?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarnum
    But how can you preorder when they don't want to even speak to you unless you're some big guy from a movie production company?
    actaully if you e-mail them they'll e-mail you back. At least they did me when i asked them if they would ever release their music. They told me they were thinking about it, but this was months ago a bit after spiderman 2 came out. I think they could probably at least release some of their older stuff to the public since it's unlikely that it's getting used a whole lot right now. It can kinda be like movies getting on hbo, first they go to the theater, then home video, THEN they get to hbo like a year or two after they've been released. I'd be content with that and I don't think it would hurt their business too much.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits

Exclamation let's go!

I suggest...

stop talkin' about petition, let's make good one.

I'm not good in english , so... If someone can... This is the best URL for that:

Start new petition

I'll be one of first, who sign this petition. :big grin:

Credits
    You'd be suprised ho much of their old music is still in use. Alot you hear just on simple ads that you probably like, but would never expect to be by immediate music, are infact by immediate music! I discovered this last night when I heard 'Golden Opertunity' and reconised it from an ad for House. It's just a simple little xylaphone piece. And later that night I heard water world on a new ad for House. They must be fans

Credits
    You know Immediate Music does make low quality versions of their old songs available on their website. Check out http://www.immediatemusic.com/musicsource.

Oh and exactly WHERE on Immediate Music's site does it say they are considering selling to the public? :big grin:
    Last edited by bendermac; 07-18-2005 at 03:13 PM.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateLord
    You know Immediate Music does make low quality versions of their old songs available on their website. Check out www.immediatemusic.com/musicsource.

Oh and exactly WHERE on Immediate Music's site does it say they are considering selling to the public? :big grin:
    DebateLord, My Friend...

We almost all know about streaming versions of IM songs on their website since songs were not so old as today but... thanks for advice