Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca
I use to like Bond up until the last few films. Which is odd because I thought that Bronson was a kick-a$$ Bond. I think for me they became a little too unrealistic and hardly believable especially Die Another Day.

I believe there is a place for a solid spy franchise and I think that's the Bourne series. However I don't think they'll make any more after Ultimatum.

Here's hoping that they are going in a new direction with Craig as Bond and return the franchise to something respectable.
yes I would have to agree with that on some level as for me I just found that James Bond movies seem all the same like they were just remaking the same ideas over and over again like "uh oh, that wacky terrorist is at it again! he seems to have stolen nuclear/biological weapons" or "he has a zany yet very complex plan to take over the world and/or write his name on the moon"

Now I believe there is a place for a solid spy franchise but I don't know if it is the Bourne series. I have only seen The Bourne Identity and found it somewhat to predictable at times.

Now me personally I enjoyed xXx the first one was full of awesome with a side order of cool. Xander Cage was just this guy they plucked off the street. He has no special training he's not a military guy just your standard adrenaline junkie with no fear and a lousy attitude and he is pulled into this "secret agent" world whether he likes it or not. This movie had everything you ever wanted! loud action, crazy stunts, guns, cars, women, humor and yes even heart. Also Xander Cage seemed like he was actually do something not sitting at some card table in a tuxedo yabbering on about how he likes his martinis to some woman named Octopussy or pussy galore or shaved pussy or whatever (names that have pussy in them it must be that dry british wit ) anyway..
The only failing of xXx was its sequel entitled "State of the Union" it seemed to fall short of the orginal and seemed to be made more for a "youth/family audience" unlike the first film.