Page 3 of 188 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Watched May on DVD last night.

Not as good as I would have expected (I was hoping the film could be a bit more than what the trailer has already shown). Too much pop music used, which makes it feel like 'American Psycho 2'. But still worthy of my time cos it's my favourite kind of movies - The Lonely Looneies. Angela Bettis' May is as sad as Robin Williams' Sy. And Anna Faris as a lesbian... what can I say?

The commentary on the DVD are, however, is appalling. There're 2 tracks and I've only listened to the one with director, cast and crew. It gave not much insights to the story itself, just which shots are from the reshoots, which scenes are ripped off from Taxi Driver or Repulsion, how big a fan to Dario Agenta Lucky McKee is, how cool the slider shots are and lot of crap talks.
    Last edited by editman; 02-08-2004 at 10:17 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Seabiscut - Excellent movie and a great story. *****

Open Range - **1/2
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Face/Off Dvd, bought it yesternight after getting chewed out by my boss I needed a good actioner.
    Movie:***1/2(of 4) one of the funnest movies you could watch, the actors have fun and so does the viewer
    DVD:**
    Dvd only has trailer, a great trailer.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    mystic river

i liked it, very good ensemble
    8/10
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Watched We Were Soldiers on DVD... for some reasons...

It's slightly better than I expected. I'm never a fan of war movies. I do find the beginning of the movie dragged a bit. But once it's in Vietnam, the battle's gripping, which is probably the only merit of this film.

Also watched Beauty and the Beast, the 1946 Jean Cocteau version - Was trying to do a double-bill on this and Disney's version. Turns on it'll take me a week or two to finish both DVD sets.

Oh the movie is a masterpiece of course. First Cocteau movie I've ever seen. I still have a lot to learn about this director, but I love the visions of some of those dreamy scenes in slow mo/reverse.
    Last edited by editman; 02-14-2004 at 01:06 AM.

Credits
    saw "herr lehmann" a few hours ago

6/10

Credits
    Saw Somethings gotta give
    Funny but tooooo long...

Credits
    Whale Rider.... amazing movie... 9/10

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

just saw RUNAWAY JURY (2003)
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0313542/

very good US (ANTI)GUN POLITICS & Second Amendment MY A$$ movie (!).

4 out of 5.

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Falling Down
    One of Joel Schumacher's better films... It was a great story. I liked how the main character had a good reason to be angry and pi$$ed off in the beginning, but later on, it got to a point where he just went a little too far and turned out to be the bad guy... Good film though!
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits

Credits
    saw the Planet of the Apes remake and I know that I'll never get that time back, I can't believe I wasted a portion of my life on that crap

Credits
    Just watched Windtalkers! hated it... i love woo stuff..but id b kiddin myself if i sed i liked this.... had no effect as a war movie, woo shud stay away from em

Credits
    Watched The Haunted Mansion. Eddie Murpphy is not Eddie Murphy. It is in fact a sinister alien doppel ganger ordered to make unfunny family films, while the aliens look inside him apart to see what makes him so funny.

Credits
    Yep, went to see A Fistful of Dollars & For A Few Dollars More double-bill at the Astor today.

Didn't bag a chick this time, but I attracted a pussy... cat. The resident feline at Astor seemed to have an affection with your beloved editman. I spent about hour an half scratching the puss' neck whilst it sits on my lap as I was sitting in lobby waiting for entry. Yes I always have a thing with cats and girls...

Oh the movies... Fistful makes me wanna see Yojimbo again, for it IS a Yojimbo rip-off, though still good.

But I like For A Few Dollars More better. The distinct cinematographic style begins to emerge. Plus Van Cleef chewed the scenes up in this one much alike Eli Wallach did in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. The final showdown is freakin' worth the price, though The Good, The Bad & The Ugly still tops it all.