Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 147
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Credits
    10

    Help with Movie Title Please

    Hi, I am looking for the name of a movie. There are a few subplots in it. There is an old guy living in a rooming house with another guy that just got out of jail. They are planning to leave for vegas the next day. The ex convict ends up killing a prostitute and hiding her under the bed. The other guy gets home and is really angry. He hides the body in the basement of the hotel I think in an old refrigerator and then goes back and moves it. In the meantime there is this young 15 year old prostitute with red hair I think and she is recruited by an older prostitute. They go to the hotel and she is supposed to do her first trick. The older woman has a change of heart and doesn't want her to do it. Her pimp beats her up and the girl agrees to do it. There is also this old African American guy that always sits in the lobby watching this little TV that keeps going in and out. They always comment on what a hot day it is. I believe it was on IFC or Sundance? It is filmed very well and I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 02-02-2012 at 02:41 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    23,455
    Credits
    181
    I just watched this not long ago (maybe 1 year?) and now I can't find it in the Last Movie You Watched thread.

    It's a French movie:

    Husband and Wife go on vacation, they are at a lake, he swims out, she goes back to the cabin to get something and she disappears, presumed dead as a victim of violent foul play.

    A few months/years later, she reappears in his life and it turns into a game of cat and mouse.

    I swear Monica Bellucci was in it but I looked at IMDB and I found this movie but it's not it.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1075113/

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Canadian Prairies
    Posts
    397
    Credits
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    I just watched this not long ago (maybe 1 year?) and now I can't find it in the Last Movie You Watched thread.

    It's a French movie:

    Husband and Wife go on vacation, they are at a lake, he swims out, she goes back to the cabin to get something and she disappears, presumed dead as a victim of violent foul play.

    A few months/years later, she reappears in his life and it turns into a game of cat and mouse.

    I swear Monica Bellucci was in it but I looked at IMDB and I found this movie but it's not it.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1075113/
    Perhaps "Tell No One"?
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    Credits
    10
    Hey all,

    Trying to track down the name of a movie I watched a few years ago.

    I missed the first 20 or so minutes of it so never caught its name.

    Pretty well the plot is about a guy who goes back in time and inhabits the body of himself years ago, to stop his brother from going off to the war (as he knows that in the future he gets killed while at war) and to warn his dad about a life threatening illness he has that eventually kills him.

    He has a hard time proving to his family in the past that he hasn't gone completely crazy. He plays a hit song by someone (for the life of me I can't remember who it was by) to his sister, and then she starts crying when she asks when he made up the song, to which he tells her he heard it in the future.

    Does anyone have any idea what this film could be?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    L.A.~ lower Alabama
    Posts
    965
    Credits
    36
    I'm not sure about it being a movie but it sounds alot like an episode of Quantum Leap.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Leap_episodes

    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9f...3-4_shortfilms

    Season 3 Episode 1...

    Sam leaps into himself as a high school teenager and Al tells him he is there to win a basketball game that was a turning point in many people's lives, but Sam wants to take the opportunity to prevent his sister from marrying an abusive alcoholic, his father from dying from a heart attack, and his brother from getting killed in Vietnam.
    Season 3 episode 2...

    Sam leaps into Herbert "Magic" Williams (played by Christopher Kirby), a soldier in his brother's platoon in Vietnam, where he is given the chance to keep his brother from dying, but at a terrible price.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Credits
    10

    What's that movie called

    A hollywood movie in which a wife/girlfriend sleep with husband's friend. The movie begins when the husband calls his friend and starts talking. The husband tells his friend that she's cheating him with someone in a hotel. The friend tries to calm him. Later on we understand that the hero is in a hotel room. He took a room opposite to the room usually the girl go to meet her boy friend. The guy who was cheating with was this friend. So basically both the husband and the girl's boyfriend (the man's friend) are in opposite rooms at that stage. Husband told his friend that he's going to kill the girl and her boyfriend. That's when the action starts. The wife arrives later and I think at the end the husband kills both wife and her boyfriend. The whole story happens in a hotel.

    Does anyone know this movie?

    Thank you

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    23,455
    Credits
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbirdimages View Post
    A hollywood movie in which a wife/girlfriend sleep with husband's friend. The movie begins when the husband calls his friend and starts talking. The husband tells his friend that she's cheating him with someone in a hotel. The friend tries to calm him. Later on we understand that the hero is in a hotel room. He took a room opposite to the room usually the girl go to meet her boy friend. The guy who was cheating with was this friend. So basically both the husband and the girl's boyfriend (the man's friend) are in opposite rooms at that stage. Husband told his friend that he's going to kill the girl and her boyfriend. That's when the action starts. The wife arrives later and I think at the end the husband kills both wife and her boyfriend. The whole story happens in a hotel.

    Does anyone know this movie?

    Thank you
    This one?

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1176724/

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    Credits
    10
    Here is what I remember:

    A teenage boy, lives at home, maybe near the ocean, maybe in Europe (England perhaps). He starts listens to a David Bowie record on his record player, starts to get into Bowie. He begins to wear makeup and look a bit glam....meets a girl (dont recall how or where), he then begins to hang out quite a bit at the local arcade with the girl and another friend or more...and I think he gets into a bit of trouble....

    Very vague, I know...but those things stood out to me.

    Does anyone know this film, or does it sound familiar to anyone?

    Many thanks.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Credits
    10

    Yes!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post

    Thanks a lot. I spent lots of time on it...

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    Credits
    10

    Question What was that movie?

    Hi all,
    Maybe someone here can help. My wife and I are trying to remember the name of a movie we saw a few years ago. It started with a river turning red and killing all the fish in the deep south. We cant remember it exactly. It had something to do with sacraficing kids or some such. We might even be thinking of more than one movie. Any help to jog what's left of my memory would be appreciated. Any ideas?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    23,455
    Credits
    181

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Credits
    10

    Need help figuring out a movie name.

    Hi, I'm pretty new here but I found this on google and thought I'd give it a shot. I wanna know what the movie is called when there's groups (Like.. Killer groups) Who gets hired to take a mans head. And the police protects him.

    I recall one of the groups being circus freaks and shooting clowns through a cannon. And they all wanna kill this man cause he got a huge price on his head. So they hire tons of "headhunters" i guess.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    Credits
    10

    What was that movie called?

    This movie was made roughly about 6 to 10 years ago. It is set in the future and takes place on board one of two huge ships, more like floating cities. I haven't seen the whole film just clips of it. It looks like a post apocalyptic world where most of the earth's surface is covered by water, (and no it is not Waterworld) The action takes place on these ships which I guess are like huge Noah's arks. It has a large cast of US actors and would think that it must have cost a fortune to make.

    WHAT IS IT???

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    23,455
    Credits
    181
    The only movie I can think of from 6-10 years ago, set aboard one of two huge ships is this but it's not set in the future:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0311113/

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    50
    Credits
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Llew View Post
    This movie was made roughly about 6 to 10 years ago. It is set in the future and takes place on board one of two huge ships, more like floating cities. I haven't seen the whole film just clips of it. It looks like a post apocalyptic world where most of the earth's surface is covered by water, (and no it is not Waterworld) The action takes place on these ships which I guess are like huge Noah's arks. It has a large cast of US actors and would think that it must have cost a fortune to make.

    WHAT IS IT???
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114898/

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Transformers live action movie!
    By impetigo in forum Movie News
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 02:56 PM
  2. WTF is this movie
    By trailergod in forum General Chatter - Movie Related
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 09:06 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2003, 06:19 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2003, 11:20 PM
  5. Summer 2003 Movie Olympics
    By NightSwinger in forum General Chatter - Movie Related
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 08:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •