Credits

"Star Trek V: The Final Frontier" Special Collectors Edition (Extras List Added)

Release Date: October 16, 2003

Extras:

Disc 1
    THE FILM
    •The original theatrical version, presented in widescreen format enhanced for 16:9 televisions. Sound is Dolby Digital English 5.1, English and French Dolby Surround.

•Commentary by William Shatner and Liz Shatner (daughter and author of "Captain's Log – William Shatner's personal account of the making of Star Trek V – The Final Frontier")

•Text commentary by Michael Okuda and Denise Okuda, co-authors of the "Star Trek Encyclopedia."

Disc 2
    THE STAR TREK UNIVERSE:
    •"Herman Zimmerman: A Tribute" – An examination of the visual influences production designer, Herman Zimmerman, has had on Star Trek since he first joined the Trek family on "Star Trek V." This retrospective illustrates what Mr. Zimmerman has contributed to not only the Star Trek features but also the TV series The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Enterprise. Includes interviews with Zimmerman, John Eaves (concept artist), Harve Bennett (producer), Penny Juday (project coordinator) and Michael Okuda (scenic artist).

•"Original Interview: William Shatner" – An original, unedited interview with William Shatner, filmed during the production of "Star Trek V."

•"Cosmic Thoughts" – In "Star Trek V," the crew of the Enterprise are searching for God and, as it turns out, spirituality has its place in the universe of Star Trek. This featurette examines the theme of religion throughout the TV series, the Star Trek movies and the annals of science fiction as a whole. Interviews include Ray Bradbury (sci-fi author), David Brin (scientist, sci-fi author), Frank Drake (head of SETI Institute), Charles Beichman (JPL, Terrestrial Planet Finder Project), Ted Peters (Exo-Theologists teaching at Berkeley), Eugene W. Roddenberry (son of Gene Roddenberry), Louis Friedman (executive director of the Planetary Society), Ralph Winter (executive producer) and David Loughery (screenwriter).

•"That Klingon Couple" – Actors Spice Williams and Todd Bryant reminisce about when they portrayed Klingons Captain Klaa and Vixis.

•"The Green Future?" – "Star Trek V" opens on location in Yosemite National Park and an environmental tone is woven throughout the film. This featurette gives a snapshot of the global environment of the future. Interviews include David Siegenthaler (Yosemite ecologist), Richard Turco (UCLA Institute of the Environment) and Julia Parker, a Native American spokesperson with insights into Man's impact on the environment.

PRODUCTION:
    •Harve Bennett's Pitch To Sales Team – A pep talk by producer Harve Bennett to the Paramount sales team, firing them up about "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier."

•The Journey – Behind-The-Scenes Documentary – Memories of how "Star Trek V" was conceived, produced and directed. Interviews include William Shatner (director), Leonard Nimoy (actor), Ralph Winter (executive producer), Harve Bennett (producer), David Loughery (screenwriter), Michael Okuda (scenic artist), Andrew Lazlo (cinematographer), John Eaves (concept artist) and Herman Zimmerman (production designer).

•Make-Up Tests – An assembly of camera tests for various characters from the film.

•Per-Visualization Models – Spaceship model makers rehearse special effects moves with models.

•Rock Man In the Raw – Design elements and test footage of the aborted Rock Man costume.

•"Star Trek V" Press Conference – A reconstruction of the multi-camera press conference held on the last day of shooting for "Star Trek V" and hosted by William Shatner.

•Deleted Scenes – A variety of deleted scenes from "Star Trek V."

ADVERTISING
    •Trailers – The teaser trailer, theatrical trailer and the trailer for The Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones.

ARCHIVES
    •Production Gallery – An assembly of stills and footage that capture behind-the-scene moments of production.

•Storyboards

RRP: 19.95

imo, this is far from the best film, in fact it is probably the worst Star Trek film, but it was still fun.
    Last edited by Movieman; 09-29-2003 at 07:12 AM.
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits
    Ah, yes, I was extremely anxious for this to be released... mainly because it meant that the release of Star Trek VI wasn't too far off.

Still, I will have to get this one for two reasons: 1) it will help complete my collection of the special Star Trek DVDs and 2) I don't have a copy of that movie.

Still, not exactly a highlight in the Trek series.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Just added a list of extras. WOW!!! That is huge!!!! Now I am really going to buy this.

Credits

Credits
    Australian release is set for Janurary 16t, 2004. Here is the cover art.

I like it, very snappy like the other covers, but should have been a different colour, this purple is just like the Voyage Home cover. But hey, i'm still buyin it!

Credits
    Hmm I should really catch up on buying these DVD's... damn me not having money!!!

Credits
    me has it over a month and watched it yet. picked it up for 14can$

Credits
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Movieman

What does "TBA Censorship to be advised" mean?
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Originally posted by corfy
    Still, not exactly a highlight in the Trek series.
    ehem.... It's the worst Star Trek movie ever made; pathetic characters (they look like a caricature of themselves) and nonsense script. A black spot in the star trek universe

Credits
    Actually, I think Star Trek: The Motion Picture was the worst Star Trek film. Great special effects, decent music... nothing else including characters, dialog, and plot. At least 5 had a few chuckles scattered here and there.

Credits
    Originally posted by Borgtex
    ehem.... It's the worst Star Trek movie ever made; pathetic characters (they look like a caricature of themselves) and nonsense script. A black spot in the star trek universe
    true but i wouldn't say it is the director's fault. this goes more in the direction of paramount bosses who didn't give the money and the time w. shatner needed. the film looks really rushed. same with alien 3, the could be so great but fox interfeared

Credits
    Shaka-Ri?

What does God need with a starship?
    Gypsy

Credits
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Granite
    Originally posted by Movieman

What does "TBA Censorship to be advised" mean?
    That just means that the DVD has received no classification yet. Like the other Star Trek films it will more than likely be rated (PG) for parental guidence recommended for those under 15.