Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Scifiwire Movie News (10/2/2004) - X-men 3 writer hired, 007 on Hold

Scifiwire Movie News (10/2/2004)

X-Men 3 writer hired
    007 on Hold

--------------------------------
    X-Men 3 writer hired

Simon Kinberg has signed on to write the script for the third film in the X-Men franchise, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Kinberg comes to the project with experience in the genre, having done rewrites for the comic-book adaptations Elektra and Fantastic Four for Marvel Productions and 20th Century Fox.

The story is still being worked out, but Kinberg said he was a fan of the comic-book series and the films it inspired. "I'm a religious reader of the comics, and I loved the first two movies," Kinberg said. "I had a great experience with Fox and Marvel on the other projects, and when they came to me and asked me if I had any interest in X3, I was ecstatic. I grew up on them, and I love these comics, and it's exciting to take a whack at making the third the biggest and best in the trilogy; it's our Return of the King."

Producers are meeting with directors to replace Bryan Singer, who helmed the first X-Men movies. Deals have yet to be worked out for the actors to return, but they are all expected to reprise their roles, the trade paper reported. Production is expected to begin in the summer of 2005.
    ---------------------------------------------
    007 on Hold

MGM, which is in the process of being purchased by Sony, has put the development of a new installment of its most important franchise on hold, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The studio said it decided to delay the 21st Bond movie, originally scheduled for release Nov. 21, 2005, because it has not yet found a director.

The sale of the studio affected the project because executives were unable to do any development during the five months of negotiations, the trade paper reported. There has also been speculation that former Bond star Pierce Brosnan will not return as 007, though MGM did not confirm the rumor. To make its November release date, the project would have to begin filming in January or February of next year, but without a director or star in place, the franchise remains in limbo.
    ------------------------------------------
    Also.....

Production has resumed on the SF film Aeon Flux, Variety reported. The production shut down Aug. 21, after star Charlize Theron suffered an injury on the set in Berlin.

British actress Rosamund Pike has signed on to star in Universal Pictures' upcoming video-game adaptation Doom, playing Samantha opposite Karl Urban's John Grimm and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Simon Kinberg is also writing xXx:2. Thought I share that info since I just watched xXx1 an hour ago.
    I don't mind, when ppl say they liked the previous movies and will try to make a better one but I'd like to hear the true as well. One saying for example with X-Men, "I didn't like the first, the second was heaps better. I will try to make an outstanding 3rd installment."
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 10-02-2004 at 02:35 PM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I loved Xmen 1 soo much that i thought no sequel of xmen wud eva b able to better it, due to the fact that they tend to leave character development behind in sequels but xmen 2 totaly blew me away.. it was like 10times better den the first movie. Once agen i feel da same that i dont think da ne1 will b able to better bryan singers 2nd installment other den bryan singer himself.. but i guess das no longer an option.. I just hope i get another x2 style suprise wid x3.
    When they say that his done the script for fantastic four, i hope they mean the new unseen 2004 version :p