Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    Well, Microsoft promised and it did it

A predicted, Halo 2 broke all the sales records. The game's $125 million opening day lives up to Microsoft predictions that "Halo 2" would eclipse even the biggest Hollywood openings. "Spider-Man" holds the record for biggest opening weekend box office take, raking in a comparatively paltry $114 million over three days.

C|Net
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    You've gotta keep in mind that every copy of Halo 2 is costing $50, while your average movie ticket is between $5 and $12 depending on when and where you see it. So, that could be taken as either less or even more impressive, depending on how you look at it.... but I don't understand this recent trend of comparing the video game industry and movie industry numbers. They're still 2 completely different entities with a different product and different dollar amount curves that need to be taken into consideration and aren't. The only thing they have in common is that they're 2 forms of entertainment. Halo 2 isn't a movie, it's an entertainment investment that will last months if not years.

Just did some rough math... if every copy of Halo 2 cost $12 like the most expensive movie ticket, it would've made only 30 million.
    Last edited by Shrubz; 11-12-2004 at 12:21 PM.