Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Second Thoughts on Spiderman 2

I just bought the Spidey 2 DVD, and had some second thoughts on the movie.

I orignally gave the movie 4 out of 5 stars. I want to downgrade the rating to 3 out of 5 stars.

Don't get me wrong - it is a fun movie. At second glance though, it is a bit campy. Two of the best examples of campy are as follows:

(1) The Doc Ock hospital scene - This sequence reminds me a bit of Sam Raimi's early movies. As if out of a bad horror movie, the scene has a female victim screaming while lit by a bright light surrounded by shadow. Very campy

(2) Harry Osbourne - While in the first movie, the character was terrific, the acting in the second was over the top. The best example of this, is when Harry is on the street after the lab accident.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    2 scenes are worth a whole star?
    I haven't watched it for the second time yet, so I can't say if my feelings will change or not, but that seems harsh...

Credits
    Let me list two more then:

(1) "Rain drops keep falling on my head" - nuff said

(2) Mary Jane running in her wedding dress

I will give credit to the train sequence, the character of Aunt May, and the acting of Alfred Molina - but it's still not enough to get over the relative campy'ness

Credits
    i have no complaints about spiderman 2, its a comic movie and I don't think it could get anymore better, the reason its so good and loved is that it uses so many pop culture references that simply clicks with the people
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I agree with trailergod...it's a comic book movie, and those signs of camp are scenes that I thought were masterfully conceived and gave the movie a great comic book feel.

Awesome plot and character study.

haven't seen the DVD yet, but after three viewings in the theater my rating went from 4.5/5 ----> 5/5 -----> one of the 10 best movies ever.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    i totaly agree and feel da same as enkydy, my rating only goes up and up da more ive watched that movie.. and yeah i love the "campy" scenes, rain drops keep fallin on my head and the hospital scene.... man i loved em, had soo much depth about it.. and yea it works for a comic book adaptation!!

Credits
    Yeah, there's a difference between intentionally campy and unintentionally campy, and it was all intentional in this movie. Go watch Darkman.

Credits
    I watched this movie a few days ago with my parents and they really enjoyed it. Dad was glad to see that the bad guy saw his mistake and overcame them in the end.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]