Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Fox Will Ship HIDE AND SEEK Without A Final Reel

http://www.latinoreview.com/

For the first time in its illustrious 70-year history, Twentieth Century Fox will be shipping prints of a motion picture to theaters across the nation without the picture's final reel. The unprecedented move is part of a major effort to protect the pay-off of the studio's terrifying suspense-thriller HIDE AND SEEK, starring Robert De Niro and Dakota Fanning.

Fox has taken extraordinary measures to safeguard the critical final reel, which is shipping separately. In addition to shipping the reel separately, security guards will hand-deliver the reel to all playdate theaters across the U.S. As a final security measure, Fox has numbered all final reels.

Commented Fox executive VP and general sales manager Richard Myerson: "HIDE AND SEEK is a terrific picture with an ending that everyone will be talking about. To ensure everyone's enjoyment of the film and to prevent 'spoilers', we've instituted extraordinary measures. We think it's worth the effort."
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits

Lightbulb

Superb marketing or reason to watch the film in theaters?

Credits
    Wow... even though the movie didn't look that good this is making me interested in seeing it haha. Guess the marketing idea did its job.

Credits
    this is not really a big thing. Fox and Universal do it all the time. i guess they just decided that it needs an annoucement to build up hype for the movie, another cheap marketing ploy to watch a movie that is going to stink. i could be wrong though as i know nothing about it.

but having guards and extra security measures is quite common. and the funny part is that you never see them on the good movies, but ones that you don't think about it. the last one i remember was Walking Tall. why would there be guards at that one ?? go figure...
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson