Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Mitch Hedberg - RIP

This just hit the press a few hours ago...

Comedian Mitch Hedberg, who failed to show at his scheduled performances at the Richmond Funny Bone last weekend, died Wednesday.

The St. Paul Pioneer Press, his hometown newspaper, reported that Hedberg died in a New Jersey hotel room. His wife, comedian Lynn Shawcroft, was with him when he died.

The newspaper reported that the medical examiner had not yet released a cause of death but that his family was told it was a heart attack.

The 37-year-old comedian had a history of abusing drugs and alcohol. In an interview with The Times-Dispatch last week, Hedberg said he still used drugs but his usage was much less than it formerly was.

That interview was apparently the last one he gave.

He was not at home when contacted at the appointed time March 21, so his publicist rescheduled the interview for the next day.

Hedberg missed that appointment, too, and later called to apologize. The interview was rescheduled for later that evening. He called a little after midnight for the interview, again apologizing.

The interview ran March 24 in the Weekend section of The Times-Dispatch. It can be found at www.TimesDispatch.com
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    This is truely sad.One of the funniest comedians i've seen in a long time.He had
    that timing and presentation that was gold.He came off as a burnout,yet with
    simple but meaningful insight.This sucks hard.I can't actually think of anygood
    comedians of recent.He was top on my list and will be sadly missed.Anyone
    who didn't know his work should definitly check it out.

R.I.P.
    Mitch