Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by radstar
    You mean, while Palpatine was fighting Windu? His own powers did that to him. Windu used his light saber to dodge his powers and also used the light saber to trade Palpatine's powers to himself. His powers onto himself was making him weak and ugly. That's the way I see it.

From what I understand, it seemed to be a combination of his hate within himself to conjure the power, and the power reflecting off Mace Windu's lightsaber.

I agree about Anakins eyes radstar.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    And with Anakin's eyes. The only reason I could think of why his eyes glowed like the way it did was because he was turning evil so fast. He is filled up with all kinds of hate and anger. It can do that to your eyes. Maybe not in reality...
    I like that theory except for one thing... after killing the Separtists, his eyes seemed to return to normal. I'm sure Padme would have noticed a change in his eyes, and his eyes seemed mostly normal when fighting Obi-Wan.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by corfy
    I like that theory except for one thing... after killing the Separtists, his eyes seemed to return to normal. I'm sure Padme would have noticed a change in his eyes, and his eyes seemed mostly normal when fighting Obi-Wan.
    Hmmm .... Good point corfy, Though maybe Anakin's eyes were changing only when He was drunk with power, hate, and sadness. Hence why they show Anakin standing on the balcony, after the massacre at Mustafar, crying.

Credits
    Yah I guess when he kills people, the hate and anger feelings get to him. When he was alone, yah he was crying. He was calm and confused. When Padme showed up, that calmed him.

Anakin didn't hate Obi-Wan. He was confused and lost. This is the guy who taught him everything. The person he have fought with and been with almost his entire life. He didn't even believe Palpatine when he said that Obi is as well his enemy at first. He was angry that Obi has turned against him and led Padme to do the same. I guess you have to have both anger and hate to have evil eyes. But then once Obi cut off his legs and was leaving him to die, that made him hate him and his eyes turned back to evil... him yelling "I hate you!"

EDIT: I'm surprised no one have mentioned this. But I was disappointed when I didn't see Jar Jar Binks suffer a long painful death.
    Last edited by radstar; 06-01-2005 at 01:46 PM.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits

Talking

EDIT: I'm surprised no one have mentioned this. But I was disappointed when I didn't see Jar Jar Binks suffer a long painful death.

Now, I think a lot of people can agree with THAT!!!!!!! :big grin:

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by richard1970
    Yeah, less is more when it comes to Jar Jar. If I rmember correctly, he made a brief appearance at Padme's funeral.
    He also made an appearance in the scene where the senators welcome back Palpatine after he was rescued at the beginning of the movie. Although you don't see too much of him, you do hear him in that scene, despite what has been reported in the media.

Personally, however, I don't have a problem with Jar-Jar. He was one of the few characters who looked alive in Episode I. Most of the rest of the time, especially in shots with multiple characters, the actual actors who weren't talking could have been replaced by cardboard cutouts for large portions of their scenes and you wouldn't have noticed a difference. Not so with Jar-Jar.

Credits
    Say what you will about Jarjar but at least he's less annoying than C3P0

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by carl
    Say what you will about Jarjar but at least he's less annoying than C3P0
    Gotta agree with carl there. That robot pisses me off.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    *gasps* I love C-3PO! I basically love any characters from the original trilogy. I'm quite picky about the ones from the prequel trilogy. But I grew up watching Star Wars and C-3PO was a big part of it.

Shame on you guys!!!

Credits
    *gasps* Shame on you is right ! C3-PO is a classic character, him and R2.

Tsk tsk. But I must agree with the whole scene between Obi-wan and Anakin and how no one has mentioned it so far. That was by far one of my favourites, and, of course, the one where I bawled like a baby.

When Obi-wan confronted Anakin on Mustafar, just after Anakin choked Padme; you could see the rage and confusion in his face, as he looked up at Obi-wan.
    "You turned her against me !"
    "You have done that yourself."
    Then Anakin paced back and forth and took off his robe. "You will not TAKE HER FROM ME !"

The way Hayden performed those lines just sent shivers down my body. The emotion he used in them was just, wow. Probably one of my few favourite lines in the whole movie.

Also, another one:
    "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
    "Only a sith deals in absolutes, I will do what I must."
    "You will try." And then BOOM ! They ignited their sabers and Anakin flips back at Obi-wan, and the duel begins. That music comes on and it's just like, 'this is it. This is the final battle, this is where it ends.' Believe me, I was def. hanging onto the edge of my seat on that one !

ARGH, this whole debate with the "If you're not with me, you're my enemy" line and whatever with George Bush, I mean, for crying out loud WHO CARES. So what if Bush said it, that's one of my favourite lines.

But def. the whole scene with Obi-wan and Anakin.
    "You were the chosen one ! It was said that you would destroy the sith, not join them ! Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness."
    "I HATE YOU !"
    "You were my brother Anakin, I loved you."

Ok, Yup, bawled my eyes out. You could just see the pain in Obi-wans face as he said "You were the chosen one !" like, "How could this happen ? It wasn't supposed to end this way !"
    You could truly see the hate in Anakins eyes when he performed that line though. The rage, the pain, the hate, the anger, just.. all meshed up.
    But when Obi-wan said his final words, that was it. I just COMPLETELY let go and bawled. I couldn't help it, but that scene just completely tugged at my heart strings. Even the final battle between them, like I said before, just, watching it, it was like, 'this is it, omg, this is it !"

When Padme confronted Anakin on Mustafar, and just as she set her ship down she kinda sat there for a minute, and you could tell she was contemplating her decision in that moment. But I'll never forget Anakins lines, "Love won't save you Padme, only my new powers can do that." && "And together you and I can rule the galaxy, make things the way we want them to be." && "LIAR !"

I actually cried at the beginning too, as soon as it said "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.." and then STAR WARS ! And the text rolled up and the music came on, it just hit me. This is the late film to the saga, the final peice of the puzzle. This is what's going to place it all together, this is what's going to bring Vader to life and watch the republic crumble into empire.

Also, when Padme confronted Anakin and told him she was pregnant...
    "What are we going to do ?"
    "We're not going to worry about anything right now. This is a happy moment."
    Then he stopped, and smiled. "The happiest moment of my life."
    I gotta admit, I shed a few tears there. Just to think how happy he is that he's going to be a father, yet he has no idea what lies ahead for him.

All in all, I must give my grattitude to Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor; I most certainly cannot see anyone playing their roles, and I don't think the movies ever would have gotten ANYWHERE if Leo DiCaprio had ended up playing Anakin. I just can't see him pulling it off, but the essence of the original Ben Kenobi was definetly well done in Ewans part.

Thank you George Lucas, for fulfilling your duty to your fans and completing the saga. The final piece of the puzzle has now been fit in, and the entire story is complete. *Applauses* Thank you.

PS -- And for those of you who think the FIGHTS WERE POORLY CHOREOGRAPHED, I suggest you take a look behind the scenes at Ewan and Hayden practicing. I'd like to see you pull that off. Also the dialogue was amazing; except for the few lovey-dovey parts, which I still didn't have much of a problem with it.
    The sad thing is you think about the future and the next generations that will most likely never get the chance to see Star Wars or realize what a large impact it had on us. Ever.
    Last edited by Banakin462; 07-05-2005 at 12:11 AM.

j7wild Guest
    I was 12 years old when I saw the first Star Wars movie in my home country of Italy, before we came to the U.S.

I still say Episode 4 and 5 are the best of the series.

Episode 6 dragged on too long and those annoying Ewoks...

Episode 1 and 2 sucked and Episode 3 is a disappointment to me also, because I waited 28 years for Lucas to complete the story and he could had done more with it.

Oh, and don't get me started on how George Lucas originally promised 3 trilogies of 9 movies total.

He could had done it if he didn't waste his time making stupid movies like the Radioland Murder, Howard the Duck and those boring Young Indiana Jones series (he could had taken that effort and invest it in a 4th Indiana Jones movie).

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Banakin462
    But def. the whole scene with Obi-wan and Anakin.
    "You were the chosen one ! It was said that you would destroy the sith, not join them ! Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness."
    "I HATE YOU !"
    "You were my brother Anakin, I loved you."
    omg omg omg... that was the worst part of the movie. A jedi must not know love but Obi, an all powerful Jedi, loved him!!!

What are you doing to me, Banakin! You're making me so sad...

Credits
    A jedi must not know love but Obi, an all powerful Jedi, loved him!!!
    Quoting Anakin himself in AOTC:

"Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is central to a Jedi's life. So you might say that we are encouraged to love."

I guess the point is much about Obi-Wan's complete trust on Anakin (and more or less importantly, his trust on the Prophecy being fulfilled) is totally betrayed. It's like, you are a Buddhist monk and you always believe your best friend is gonna become the State Governor like Arnie and clean up the State. Instead s/he was corrupted by the crooked Senator and joins the Mafia. If you're at a standoff with your friend, you'll probably say similar things too, regardless your religious belief.

Not to take a side on the discussion, mind you.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    I'm surprised it was you that corrected me, not Jedi Master

Thank you for telling me, dear. I'm so much happier that I know all that. I can breathe better... *snorts* haaaaa *snorts* haaaaa

Credits
    I'm surprised it was you that corrected me, not Jedi Master

Thank you for telling me, dear. I'm so much happier that I know all that. I can breathe better... *snorts* haaaaa *snorts* haaaaa
    I'm on vacation these days... don't have time to read everything

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast