Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Release date:

7/18/08

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    source: Costuming The Dark Knight
    The skinny on Batman and Joker's new duds.

With pre-production under way on The Dark Knight, the rumor mill has been busy churning out buzz on all aspects of the Batman Begins sequel, including costuming.

Christian Bale's Batman will sport a modified and more "fabricky" outfit than the version he wore in Begins. The site expects the costume will still be rubber but sleeker than the version seen in the previous film.

The Joker's garb will be "less cartoony", according to BoF's source. "[Since this film's Joker is] much more dark, sinister, and threatening, his costume is very much going to reflect that."

BoF's insider added, "It's not going to be a suit that is tailored for him, but more something he acquired. I mean, what tailor would actually make a suit for The Joker?"

The Dark Knight begins filming in March of next year for a 2008 release.

Credits
    Well all I can say is he better not look like that stupid looking Joker in "The Batman" animated show with his crazy long hair and tie-dyed stright jacket or whatever it was that he wore while jumping around like a god damn monkey. That was just a horrible look for an equally horrible show.

as for the question:
    "It's not going to be a suit that is tailored for him, but more something he acquired. I mean, what tailor would actually make a suit for The Joker?"

well that would be simplely answered:
    The Joker goes in to a tailors and demands they make a suit for him to his specifications, if they refuse he would kill someone in the store and tell them if you don't do it you're next and when that is usually said people hop to it and that is how he would have someone make a suit for him. True after its done he would probably kill them anyway, but that is how he would mostlikely get a tailored made suit.

Credits
    According to Variety, Katie Holmes has dropped out of The Dark Knight, the sequel to Batman Begins.

Instead, Holmes has signed on to Queen Latifah's Mad Money, to be directed by Callie Khouri.

There is no word as to what this means to The Dark Knight, though she was not expected to play a significant role
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

j7wild Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-el View Post
    According to Variety, Katie Holmes has dropped out of The Dark Knight, the sequel to Batman Begins.
    that's great news;

let her be with Queen Latifah, who makes s*hitty movies and this is an indication of how good of an actress Katie is and what kind of roles she should get...

Ever since Latifah was in Chicago, she's been dubbed a good actress and so on... B.S.!!

Credits
    Ehhh... I have no feelings about her in The Dark Knight. Is it good, or is it bad? Phew! everything else is important!

Credits
    Why can't she do two movies at the same time? It probably takes at most 10 days to shoot all her scenes for the movie.

Credits
    You regret, that she's out? I can't belive.

Credits
    I don't have much of a reaction one way or the other.

On the one hand, I'm tired of hearing about "TomKat", and if I never heard about them again, I won't be too upset.

On the other hand, I didn't think she was as bad in Batman Begins as everyone seemed to think she was. Oh, I'm not saying she was Oscar-worthy or anything like that (or even close to that), but I had no real problems with her in that movie.

But then, I don't think I have ever seen any movies with her in it, and I never watched Dawson's Creek, so I didn't have the exposure to her that many people had. I know some of the actors/actresses I complain about are because they only have one "one-size-fits-all" on-screen personality that doesn't always fit all all their roles, so maybe that was the case with Katie.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

I hear Rachel McAdams will be replacing Katie Holmes in the Batman Sequel!!

IF this is true or if it comes true, this is very good news.

Rachel is a good actress with excellent acting skills and screen presence and charisma!!

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...hlight=mcadams

Credits
    Interesting news. Good for "The Dark Knight".

Credits
    From SCIFIwire (slightly adjusted after reading the reference site)

The Batman-on-Film Web site passed on a rumor that Rachel McAdams (Red Eye) is [may] take over the role of Rachel Dawes, formerly played by Katie Holmes, in the upcoming Batman Begins sequel, The Dark Knight.
    Rachel McAdams is only under consideration. Also a bit more...

From Latino Review

...It's official (no surprise), HARVEY DENT is in THE DARK KNIGHT. Matt Damon passed on the role. The filmmakers met Josh Lucas and there is an interest in Jamie Foxx and Ed Norton. I'm pretty sure there are other actors that I'm not aware of up for the Harvey Dent role....

...Some other minor roles...

Eastern European Heavy - tough bad guy mobster, 40s-50s
    Female Cop - Latin, 30s. Elizabeth Pena type.
    Asian Accountant - male, 40s
    Sounds like a lot of diversity in the sequel!...

...Lastly there is no Oswald Cobblepot AKA The Penguin in THE DARK KNIGHT.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    That's too bad about Matt Damon. I think he would have been a great Harvey Dent but Ed Norton seems like a very interesting choice.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    That's too bad about Matt Damon. I think he would have been a great Harvey Dent but Ed Norton seems like a very interesting choice.
    I agree with you. He's the best from this trio.

Credits
    Actually I would throw my support behind Ed Norton. I would expect they would probably sign "Harvey Dent" to a two picture deal. You would want an actor who could transition to the insanity of "Two-Face". I think Ed Norton would give you the most for your money

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast