Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    Trust someone who has been here for a great tragedy and let me tell you, sometimes you have a small chance to do something and save your life. If you don't you might have to face 10 million square feet of space collapsing on your head.

Credits
    Sorry for most of you guys, but I have to agree with Jake on this one. This is based on my experience, I live in a small island in the Caribbean and in my life I survived 4 direct hit Hurricanes. (I even lost my house in one of them)

• Before the Storm is even form, the news track them down even weeks ahead. So there is plenty of time to prepare for it.

• If life and your family are important, you grab whatever you can and leave the area, you don't stay there to see how it happens.

• If people help each other instead of fighting each other or wait for the government to do something. Come on, DO SOMETHING!!

• And why the heck to steal electronics???? You are starving and the first thing that comes into your mind is to go in Radio Shack??

I know that not all people are like that. I know that there are good people struggling to survive and my prayers to them.

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Arrow

Slideshow (1 album)
    Five Days with Katrina - Alvaro, 9/1/05
    http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...Uy=nyvoby&Ux=1

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    OK, actually that slideshow just showed me that this whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

Everyone watch this slideshow.

This guy wasn't too smart for staying but THIS IS WHAT I MEANT ABOUT BEING RESOURCEFUL

This is me at my apartment. Scott, Kat, Jeff, and Andy (all friends) had just been informed that the situation was getting progressively worse around the city. We made a plan to leave as soon as we could. Jeff broke into his boss's sports car and asked Scott to come along. They would leave as soon as morning broke. Scott couldn't leave his girlfriend behind (Kat) and her two dogs. So it was decided that they would all ride on a two seater. We got in touch with Special Relief Forces and as many police men as we could. We were told that early morning there would be buses coming from Houston to pick people up at the Convention Center. Andy and I decided to make sure we got on one of those buses.

I don't know her name, but she works for MSNBC. My apologies for my wordage, but this wench didn't know what the hell was going on. She made up 75% of what she was saying and exaggerated about 95% of everything that she did know. The message: do you want to be a reporter? All you need to do is have a pretty face and buy a Thesaurus!

I looked around under dim light for anything. I didn't know what I was looking for, but I had to do something. In the back of the wharehouse there was a small window. Behind the window was a small office. Inside the office, there was a small box that said "truck keys". I grabbed a metal pipe, and quitely, but succesfully smashed the window. There was only one key... to truck #25. The trucks that were there, were #6 and 25. I don't remember much after I turned on the ignition. We drove towards the Westbank where we had "heard" that there was a way out. It was true. However, we had no gas and the tank was on "E". Thirty miles outside of Baton Rouge, and 45 minutes after riding on "E", we found a gas station... they didn't take cash. A man paid for our gas with his credit card and for 5 others. The next stop... Houston, Texas. I don't want to say this was all Divine Intervention... but it's not too late to start believing... - Alvaro R. Morales Villa
    oh and they did take credit cards (LMAO)

Credits
    Wow, alot of good points here, including Jake. Although everyone appears to be against you on this one pal.

I do have a question for you:

5) I don't know what to say to someone who doesn't have ANY money to evacuate his family. How is that possible? How were they living in teh day before the hurricane?
    I've heard You say in previous posts That You live in New York, as I do.
    Ever go into the city and see anyone who is homeless? How are they living?

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUBi
    hurricane katrina - stealing for salvation (from MSNBC):

http://rapidshare.de/files/4631747/C...lmart.wmv.html
    (click FREE icon & wait a few seconds)
    i know i am going to catch flak for his but this is the one reason why i refuse to give them any money. when their own people, even their own cops are caught looting stupid crap (on video even)...it shows me the type of people they are. what possible reason would you need a DVD player in 10' of water for ?? there's no figgin' electricity to even use the blasted thing.

i live in pensacola and we got hit with Ivan last year. granted, it was bad but i do think orleans got hit a little worse since they are underwater before the storm. however, there was not one case of looting reported. no murders, no rapes, nothing. everyone knew we are all in the same boat together and everyone worked together. i think i saw one fight at a gas line (and they both were from out of town). it is also an understanding that you have enough food,water and clothes to last for at least three to five days. the people saying they are starving is their own fault.

i feel sorry for the town that it got hit that hard as it does have a history. but, now it has something else to add to that. i know not everyone is like the people i describe. those are the people i feel sorry for as they are getting grouped in with the dumbasses who are those i describe.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat
    I've heard You say in previous posts That You live in New York, as I do.
    Ever go into the city and see anyone who is homeless? How are they living?
    I know, but come on we're talking about maybe a small percentage of those who stayed. According to the NY Department of Homeless Services there are 34,080 homeless in NYC. Factor in that there are over 8 million in NYC and 21 in the metropolitan area and you have about 4/10th of 1% of the population homeless. And also add the fact that we're a major city where it's much easier for homelss people to get by than elsewhere, (subway panhandling money, returning cans, etc)

So assume that it was WAY higher in new orleans, even 5% or so which is impossible but that would still put their figures at very low numbers.

redbear: I agree 110% with you, during 9/11 and the blackout crime in NYC was nearly record low. Normal decent Americans don't go robbing their neighbors during a crisis.

Credits
    That slideshow was incredible....
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    Bush was indeed a very busy man while in New Orleans ....

Credits
    Photoshop is pretty funny, sometimes.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear
    I was just about to post that!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master
    I was just about to post that!
    Yeah, me too. I saw it and I was like "that's hilarious! That would go great in the forum." Then I looked and I became depressed. Red Bear scooped me!

j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear
    Holy BEEP

Those are funny!

Not real but Funny!!

:big grin:

Credits
    BOO! See I know those are fake because that fish isn't even found in Lousiana!

nah, just kidding, i'm laughing too...haha...har har...cough cough...hehe....cough cough

The question we should all be asking ourselves is WAS THAT WOMAN CRYING BECAUSE SHE LOST HER HOUSE( ) OR BECAUSE BUSH IS SO BAD WITH A GUITAR????

Nice catch Georgie, I go fishing with my Dad too! Nothing like conservative family values lol

EDIT: sorry guys but I have to say this, why loot stores when you can fish!

Credits
    EDIT: sorry guys but I have to say this, why loot stores when you can fish!
    You're joking, right? (I honestly can't tell at this point.) Yeah, I know when I think of a delicious friday fish fry, my mind immediately goes to fish caught in the sewer-infested waters of New Orleans. Good for the immune system!!
    Last edited by Shrubz; 09-15-2005 at 01:01 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast