Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

DreamWorks announces "Madagascar 2"

Found on DreamWorks SKG Fansite

DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg announced today that the studio will produce a sequel to the computer-animated comedy Madagascar, which has now passed the $500-million mark at the worldwide box office, making it the company's most successful original movie ever.

Katzenberg also announced that Ben Stiller and Chris Rock, who starred in the original Madagascar as Alex the Lion and Marty the Zebra, will be reprising their roles. He said he was looking forward to other original cast members returning to their roles for the sequel.

The movie will once again be produced by Mireille Soria and co-directed by Eric Darnell and Tom McGrath.

Speaking at the annual Merrill Lynch Media & Entertainment Conference in Pasadena, Mr. Katzenberg said, "As a result of its tremendous box office success, the potential to tell a new chapter in its story and the popularity of the film's characters, we are excited to announce that we are making 'Madagascar' our second company franchise -- along with 'Shrek.' We will release a theatrical sequel in 2008."

In addition to the sequel, DreamWorks Animation will be giving the scene-stealing Madagascar Penguins the chance to take top billing in a direct-to-video release due out in 2009. The company has also produced its first mini-movie: a ten-minute film featuring the Penguins, which will play in theatres this fall alongside the studio's main theatrical release: Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, which opens October 7th in theaters nationwide.

Madagascar opened on May 27 and generated a domestic box office of approximately $192 million. It continues to perform extremely well internationally, and currently ranks as one of the top five computer-animated movies of all time.

Credits
    Well I will see it if Julian the king of Madagascar is back.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster.

Credits
    There's a sequel... HOORAY!!!

Credits
    Well, I would surely want to watch a new "Madagascar" movie, but I think it would be better when Dreamworks found another cool ideas like "Madagascar" and "Shrek"...