Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Angry Commercial Ads at the Movies

Ok, I'm gonna use this thread to see who agrees with me on this one. I am sick of going to the movies to see TV commercials in front of my trailers before the movie starts. I love seeing trailers at the movies, that's one of the reasons I go. But if I wanted to see commercials before a movie I paid 10 bucks for, I'd stay home so I could see it for free.

Anyone else feel this way?
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    If I see it once I'm annoyed but OK, if I see the SAME GODDAMN COMMERCIAL before EVERY movie I see during the summer I get pissed off.

Stupid FANTA COMMERCIAL
    Stupid FANDANGO COMMERICAL "you smell like Fandango...get away from my popcorn dude" <---**** YOU **** YOU ALL

so i feel better and i agree with you, i hate commercials

Credits
    I hate them too. A few years ago they weren't there. Then came that stupid wave of Fanta commercials. The quantity then started to increase, and I now could see as much as 6 or 7 commercials. Not only they are annoying, but their picture quality is aweful, most are 4:3, and their increased number leads to decreasing the number of movie trailers.

One day, I am afraid they will cut the movie every 15 minutes for a commercial breakin.
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

j7wild Guest
    I agree!

They started showing commercial ads in 1993 and Coca Cola was the first guilty company to do so.

I remember because I was the District Manager for one of the Multi-Plex Theater Chain here in the U.S. at the time and when we got the commercial trailers films roll in and the memo from home office in Canada, I was like "DO WHAT?"

I went to see Transporter 2 last night and out of a total of 15 minutes of advertising; 6+ minutes of it was commercial ads;

2 coke
    1 mazda
    1 movietickets.com
    1 dr. pepper
    1 nike
    1 american red cross (for Katrina, that was fast!)
    1 WB Supernatural TV show
    1 NBC Fall TV show preview
    and a couple more I don't remember

I went to get popcorn and soda and when I got back, they were still on!!

Credits
    The ones that I see all the time that I hate are the Fandango Ads. All these little brown paper lunch sacks with hair and costumes.... Is this suppose to be funny or attract an audience? I think it's stupid....

Credits
    The Fandango commerical annoys me, but that damn Fanta commerical, GAH!!! I hate and it always gets the song stuck in my head.

Credits
    personally when it comes to this topic I don't really care, when I go to the movies they show ads they also show Trailers also so when sthat stuff starts I usually say "meh" because after its all over with I'll still get to see the movie. it doesn't matter if they show ads or not whats a few more minutes i'm a very patient person and I'll still get to see the movie either way.

j7wild Guest
    the jingle for the Fanta commercial is annoying, I admit that

BUT

when one of those 3 girls ask

"Do you Wanna?

Yes, I wanna!!

:big grin:

Credits
    Yeah, I think I might have a thing for Ms. Grape

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    Yeah, I think I might have a thing for Ms. Grape
    So TRUE!!!!! Ms. Grape is smokin'.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    then never, i mean really never go to a movie while you are in germany. the commercials are running 20 - 35 min, not including trailers. the longest sit i had was at return of the king with 45min including 3 trailers and then you pay approx 8 - 10 euro for a ticket

but there is one good thing for you guys: if you go to a film festival like the berlinale or the fantasy film festival: no commercials at all. they mostly don't show trailer either

Credits
    I'm getting pretty tired of the commericals too. I understand the reason for them being there but there's only so much before it gets a little on the annoying side. I mean we sit there waiting for the movie to start watching those slides and short commerical clips. That should be it. Not to have another 10 minutes of commericals once the showtime hits. I think it's not so bad if you only get out to the movies once in a while but since I got my Big Card, I've been going once or twice a week and you see the same ones over and over and over again.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

j7wild Guest
    Here's an online petition to outlaw the Fanta Commercials:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/fanta/signatures

But I do think Lola Pineapple is kinda cute:

Last edited by j7wild; 09-12-2005 at 09:24 PM.

Credits
    Oh man thank God we don't get that one up here. The one I always see and really wish it would go is the movietickets.com one. The one with the "dork-wad" that invented the site. We also get a really weird one for the "pill". Yes that "pill". Trust me it makes no sense at all.

Credits
    Correction: it's Miss Cherry who I think is hot, thanks for the pic j7wild.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast